Anyone make a living by selling stuff on ebay?

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Thinking about opening up shop... Was curious if anyone on here is an expert on selling stuff on there.

Looking for some help/advice.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I sell stuff there... I'm not sure if I made a living selling stuff there. When I was an undergrad, it was like a job and paid nicely :)

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
Originally posted by: FortFunFoSho
Thinking about opening up shop... Was curious if anyone on here is an expert on selling stuff on there.

Looking for some help/advice.

I saw an infomercial on that the other night. :) Stay up late tonight and check it out. ;)

Seriously, I was wondering the same thing, sort of.......

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
The only real problem is that in most cases you have to have the item on hand before you can sell it, so making a living by selling things on ebay would require you to first buy them.. and the only place that would allow you to beat the prices of ebay.. is ebay itself.

That, or be one of those asses in HD that picks up 500 of every item so everyone else misses out.

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Well, I have the ability to have items on hand.

More or less it is extra inventory from my Father's shop.

Why not...

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ness1469
The only real problem is that in most cases you have to have the item on hand before you can sell it, so making a living by selling things on ebay would require you to first buy them.. and the only place that would allow you to beat the prices of ebay.. is ebay itself.

That, or be one of those asses in HD that picks up 500 of every item so everyone else misses out.

Actually, HD kind of sucks in ebaying things.