anyone live near colorado springs?

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
Currently live in Indiana where housing is cheap and life is simple. Thinking about moving to Colorado Springs, preferable somewhere out of town but close enough that its convenient.

Anyone live near here, and if so, would you recommend it?

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
There's a few of us here from C.S.. I love it here. Housing market is a little crazy - but apparently relatively sane compared to alot of places.

What kind of work are you looking for? Price range for housing?

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Armitage
There's a few of us here from C.S.. I love it here. Housing market is a little crazy - but apparently relatively sane compared to alot of places.

I'm a federal employee and am looking at an opening there doing the same thing I do now. It would pretty much be similiar to a transfer.

Indiana has about the lowest housing prices around. This is where I foresee a problem - whether I'll be able to afford housing there. I currently have an 1800sf home on 1 acre, completely remodeled for $98k. I am guessing I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that in C.S.?

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: huberm
Originally posted by: Armitage

I'm a federal employee and am looking at an opening there doing the same thing I do now. It would pretty much be similiar to a transfer.

Indiana has about the lowest housing prices around. This is where I foresee a problem - whether I'll be able to afford housing there. I currently have an 1800sf home on 1 acre, completely remodeled for $98k. I am guessing I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that in C.S.?

Uhm ... not a chance. You might get a run down townhouse in a bad part of town for a few K more. But a nice single family home around here will start around $180K I'm guessing. Haven't watched the real estate market to closely though.

Lots of civil service jobs out here though.