anyone live in hawaii or have sprint?

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
i was wondeirng what phones are the best for reception (i don't only mean four bars on the phone). i currently have a 8500 but i get cut off ALL THE TIME when i'm takling from home (i live in an apartment). i live in town, if u're from hawaii, i live in the kaimuki area. i'm thinking about switching phones, recommendations anyone?

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
The Sanyos (4500 and 6200) get incredible reception. The SCP-6000 I used to have almost never cut me off.. I get dropped calls on my Treo where I never did with the Sanyo.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I don't live in Hawaii but I do have Sprint. My phone is a Motorola Startac and it is a POS. I get dropped with the display showing full signal strength. Kind of defeats the whole reason to have a cell phone.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
The Sanyos (4500 and 6200) get incredible reception. The SCP-6000 I used to have almost never cut me off.. I get dropped calls on my Treo where I never did with the Sanyo.

I have the Sanyo 4500 and I personally think it's worse than my old Nokia in terms of reception. My fiance's Touchpoint is even worse at the same locations, so the phones do make a difference. Either way, I hate Sprint (discounts and 1-yr contract have me staying)... I'd go with Verizon if at all possible.

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
I *had* Sprint and live near you. ******Really******* poor reception and often "network busy" warnings (not just my phone). Later, tried Verizon and have had good luck in Manoa, UH.

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
thanks for the input guys. yea, i get bad reception, but spritn has the best deal and i heard they are better than at&t, if t-mobile had some kinda of off peak option (weekends AND nights) then i'd go with them, but they only have a weekends option, so i have to stick with sprint...=(. i guess i'll try to check out the sanyo's thanks again!