Anyone know who will be running on the Libertarian ticket in 2004?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Ted Kaczynski, he's a man of his convictions.

Sad thing is that he is twice the man of Jackson, Sharpton and Grey Davis all rolled up in one.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Quote:
Sad thing is that he is twice the man of Jackson, Sharpton and Grey Davis all rolled up in one.

Don't stop there, this applies to both sides of the aisle, from city to state all the way up to Federal.
The animals are running the zoo.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
There's two candidates right now. I don't remember their names, but neither was Harry Browne.

They had a little debate on C-Span the other week.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Ah yes, one of them was Gary Nolan. I still can't remember the other guys name though (let's just say he didn't strike me as a candidate whose name I should bother to remember).

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Hmmm, not sure. Pretty sure Browne said 2000 was his last bid.

No libertarian will win the White House in 2004 but that's not really the point. The point is reminding Americans they have options and to remind the dominant, aristrocratic parties they have competition and better keep their houses in order. And sometimes, as we saw with Perot's bid, the Ds and Rs get to steal some good ideas from the upstarts which may actually translate into a better country.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Authoritarianism sucks.

Whether it's governmental (like communism or facism) or whether it's corporate/wealthy along with a smashed middle class (libertariansim or purely capitalistic).

History proves this over and over.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Ferocious
Authoritarianism sucks.

Whether it's governmental (like communism or facism) or whether it's corporate/wealthy along with a smashed middle class (libertariansim or purely capitalistic).

History proves this over and over.

"Authoritarianism sucks." Clearly the U.S. is getting there very quickly. The only hope to stop the slide down would be the rise of new party with clear ideals that will not be bought out by the "corporate/wealthy". This can be done simply because of the "smashed middle class" as you said. If the traditional Democratic voters and the "smashed middle class" wake up and combine against the corporate/weathy there is a good chance of getting back the country and saving it. Other wise it will just be another footnote in history like Rome.

I voted straight across Republican ticket last election and that has clearly been a mistake, they are running rough shod over both State and Federal Govt worse than the Democrats have done the last 8 years they were in control. But like I said the Dems are no better, both parties have been bought out so bad they don't even resemble any kind of party much less the ones they are supposed to be.

I am currently exploring and gathering the information needed to see about running for Office under the Libertarian ticket.