Anyone know where to find Bose Wave Radio/CD for the best price?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Every place I have seen it the price was the same. Some offer free shipping and monthly payments but no discount.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
As hard as I tried to talk my Mom out of buying one, I couldn't. They are sold exclusively through their selected stores, so the price is locked. At least they do work as advertised, so if she's happy, so am I.

IMHO, Bose is vastly over hyped and overpriced for what you get. Check around for other units that do the same things and sound as good. You could save hundreds. :)

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
hehe...thanks guys, I was asking on my father's behalf. Bose does make very good speakers, though, such as the 901s...

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< hehe...thanks guys, I was asking on my father's behalf. Bose does make very good speakers, though, such as the 901s... >>

Actually the 901s are on of the worst speakers ever inflicted on mankind.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Matt -- Excuse me while I lose my lunch. Again, just MHO, but I think Dr. Bose is full of crap! You can't specify the performance of a speaker system that is supposed to bounce off the walls behind them. You could have anything, there, from hard plaster to textured wallpaper or fabric to pleated curtains of various materials.

Any of these would change the response and sensitivity of the speaker system. It's about as bogus as you can get! :Q

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OMG Harvey! Your mother, knowing what you do for a living and all, won't listen to your advice about buying a radio! :Q That is SUCK! :)

And that's a good call bigsmooth, probably not much difference in sound at one fourth the price! Why not just buy a cheap SONY? Hell, return it to the department store if it doesn't suit ya. Worth a try!

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
pfffffffft boss...I mean bose :D
same crap anyhow.

The only thing they have going for them is the small size.
But to have a handpass box with 2 6.5inchers as a &quot;sub&quot;, and claim &quot;quality&quot; smoothness....that's pretty sad.
Sure you can make it a wide-range bandpass, but still.

The Bose pro audio stuff (Auditorium level) is nice, we have a pair of their's that has 4 4inch woofers across....sounds really good for vocal's, but can't touch bass at all.

I heard those stupid cubes in adventure electronics running once....*eek* :(

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
Actually, those little systems that JVC makes sound really nice.
Nice and warm sound, not very distorted at all at high levels.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Ornery: hey, it's Zenith... by definition, their products should be the best, right? :p

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
No highs, No lows, Has to be Bose. Hard to believe how so many people have bought into the hype. They are great marketers but completely abysmal at designing and making speakers.

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
K guys, I didn't mean to start any arguments (and I never said bose had the best bass speakers)...

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
As for finding it cheaply I believe everyone is bound by a no discount clause so they can't reduce pricing.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damn, I'm still chuckling over Nate's post, whether he was being sarcastic or not. :p Thanks for the laugh, I honestly needed it. :)

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I dunno about BOSE home audio stuff since I've never heard one in a house before. But BOSE's pro audio (the speakers they put in the Air Canada Center, etc..) are pretty good. Nice, clean sound that seems like the action is right in front of you, when your really 3 stories up.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
The BOSE does have a fixed price, but man that thing is great. My father got a Wave Radio/CD this Christmas and it sounds better than the $500 shelf system. Personally I think there was a tremendous difference in sound quality, the little thing is amazing. Like anything else though, audio tastes are strictly personal preferance, so try to listen to one before you buy, then you'll know for sure.

Zenmervolt