Anyone know what you type on the "To" line on an email to get confirmation that it's been opened?

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
In Outlook Express I can go to Tools and make it ask the person if it's okay to send a recipt, but I thought there was something you add to the "To" line to get around that, because the person can just say no and then deny I sent something.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I believe the "return receipt" is a function of the mail server which receives the mail, so I doubt that there is any foolproof way to determine whether mail was received. For anything truly important, I would use old-fashioned snailmail and request a signature.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I hate it when people send me read receipts. Next time someone I know does that I'm driving over to their house and drowning them in their toilet.

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
I hate it when people send me read receipts. Next time someone I know does that I'm driving over to their house and drowning them in their toilet.
:Q :Q

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: WombatWoman
I believe the "return receipt" is a function of the mail server which receives the mail, so I doubt that there is any foolproof way to determine whether mail was received. For anything truly important, I would use old-fashioned snailmail and request a signature.

That is so 20th century. :D