Anyone know of a good recordable cd player?

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
i'm looking for a decent recordable cd playing (like the one you connect to your receiver not one for your computer).

these seem to have flopped and only a couple people sell them and nobody reviews them.

anyone use one or know of a good one still for sale?

and please don't tell me to just use my computer. my computer and my music and seperate entities and i do not want them miked up :music:

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I have an old Kenwood autoreverse cassette deck I'm not using, for cheap.

But seriously if you really must pay the price of a DVD recorder for one of these, just see what Amazon carries and read the user reviews. Remember you can't use standard blank CDs (thanks to the RIAA), you must use the blanks marked as "Audio" CD-R / CD-RW.

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons

But seriously if you really must pay the price of a DVD recorder for one of these, just see what Amazon carries and read the user reviews. Remember you can't use standard blank CDs (thanks to the RIAA), you must use the blanks marked as "Audio" CD-R / CD-RW.

I know the recordable music cd's cost 30 cents each if I buy in bulk. Oooh 5 cents more than a standard cd-r.

I don't understand why these things didn't take off. Right now we are having a ball recording all our compositions onto casette tapes. Image how cool it is going to be to make instant recordings onto CD's without any computer time in between. It's beautiful. And at 30 cents a pop I can record endlessly and not having to worry about ruining cd's.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I don't like MP3's for the same reason. I like my music independent of my computer. However now that they are making cd's playings that play mp3's pretty easily I am getting a little more excited about them.

It's driven me crazy enough to have to convert from film to digital media (although that is one conversion that was well worth it!!!) - it's would really suck to have to go through it again with my music.

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
Originally posted by: CitizenDoug
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons

I know the recordable music cd's cost 30 cents each if I buy in bulk. Oooh 5 cents more than a standard cd-r.

I don't understand why these things didn't take off. Right now we are having a ball recording all our compositions onto casette tapes. Image how cool it is going to be to make instant recordings onto CD's without any computer time in between. It's beautiful. And at 30 cents a pop I can record endlessly and not having to worry about ruining cd's.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I don't like MP3's for the same reason. I like my music independent of my computer. However now that they are making cd's playings that play mp3's pretty easily I am getting a little more excited about them.

It's driven me crazy enough to have to convert from film to digital media (although that is one conversion that was well worth it!!!) - it's would really suck to have to go through it again with my music.

edit: I hate spellind and grammer too ;)

edit 2: ahem, spelling and grammer :D

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i don't get what you are saying. theres nothing instant about these recorders. they have the exact functionality as the cassette recorders..with all the %@# hassles. its why they didn't take off. frikkin waste of time.