Anyone know how to make a shocking pen from scratch?

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
I bought one but the pen itself is too big. I'd like to know if anyone knows the parts I need to make my own so that I can stick it in a real pen.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Simple!

You need: 1 pen (metal casing)
1 live electrical outlet

Step 1: Shove pen as hard and as far as you can into electrical outlet (For best results find a way to bridge main circuit breaker in house so it cannot be tripped)
Step 2: Hilarity!

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Simple!

You need: 1 pen (metal casing)
1 live electrical outlet

Step 1: Shove pen as hard and as far as you can into electrical outlet (For best results find a way to bridge main circuit breaker in house so it cannot be tripped)
Step 2: Hilarity!

sad attempt to be funny :D

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
you can buy one of those cigerrate lighters that can ignite with a *click*. those have a module that contains a spring loaded pin and pizoelectric material that generates a high voltage when clicked, you can probably try to run up the pulse with some tin foil or something...

you can definitely feel the shock from one of those...

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Ketteringo
A big capacitor, and some way to charge it up and hand it to someone without shocking yourself?

meh, you don't even need a really big cap.

you can attach a piezo igniter (from a butane lighter or something) to the metal body...

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: dighn
you can buy one of those cigerrate lighters that can ignite with a *click*. those have a module that contains a spring loaded pin and pizoelectric material that generates a high voltage when clicked, you can probably try to run up the pulse with some tin foil or something...

it's just a pen that when u click, u get shocked. it has to be something simple since i got it for $4 from chinatown.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dvdrdiscs

it's just a pen that when u click, u get shocked. it has to be something simple since i got it for $4 from chinatown.

if you buy one of those lighters it would easy to make

dvdrdiscs

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: dvdrdiscs

if you buy one of those lighters it would easy to make

wells if i buy the lighter, most likely it'll be too big to take out the components and stick it in a pen. it's already hard enough trying to fit the current component in my shocking pen into a real pen.