Anyone know how effective the george forman grill is at getting rid of fat?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Drakkon is right. When the grill is hot, spread out wet paper towels on the grill, close the cover and unplug it. A few minutes later, use another clean towel to wipe the stuff off. Works well.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
It's mostly H20 that drains not oil although some oil does come out.

The Burgers come out decently.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
The foreman grill doesn't have to be scrubbed completely clean. A thin layer of grease isn't going to hurt you. If you use it even every week it's fine. If it was going to storage, that's a different matter.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
That's just it... I SHOULDN'T have to scrub... but I do. I just use a regular sponge though, nothing abrasive. I've had to since day one. Maybe my opinion of "clean" is different from other peoples'

If you clean it without letting it sit and harden, you should not ever have to scrub at it.
Oh, and don't use metal utensils on it.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Well I just made a couple burgers on it for lunch. A lot of the non stick coating is gone, as you can see in the picture, but... 6 or 8 paper towels later it's fairly "clean." Not what I consider clean though...

Tifababy

Feb 5, 2001
We just got a new foreman as a bridal shower gift. It's the new kind with removable plates, super easy to clean, just throw the plates in the dishwasher (or my fiance can clean it in the sink, but I like the dishwasher). We had chicken on it last night and it was extremely juicey, probably more so than if I cooked it on the BBQ grill.