Anyone know anything about this "Zen cooler"???

krazykilroy

Aug 14, 2001
I saw one at a comp show the other day, and basically it's a radiator with self contained liquid inside, sandwiched in-between two thin fans to keep the airflow going in one direction.

Anyone have any experiences with this cooler???

Anyone know about it a little?

L00PY

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2001
People have gotten mediocre results from it. Worse even, it has a reputation as a core crusher. If it's the same one that was out a couple of months ago, I'd stay away from it.

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
In a nutshell, I agree with loopy. It's not only way too expensive but many have crushed their cpu core even when being very carful installing it.

And cheaper heatsinks like the AX-7, Volcano 7+, the heatpipe heatsink, Cak II 68 all cool better than the more expensive zen. So all it has going for it is it's "cool" design.

But if you want one, I'll sell it to you cheap. :D

SuperPickle

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2001
blade, L00PY: true and true.
The plate that contacts the core is not big enough to hit the pads on the CPU thus introducing the possible 'crushing'. For the danger and expense vs. the performance of this cooler, one is better off going with a different one like the AX-7, MCX-462, or the mighty PAL8045.

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
what everyone else said..........i have one and it does work good......not as good as my swifteck462........but alot better than most out there......

it is a bitc* to mount ........i watched the online video and then attached it.......has to go a certain way or you will crush your chip......

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Seventeen years later, someone resurrects an old thread to ask about a cooler which probably is no longer even being manufactured.

This must be some kind of record.

Reactions: OTG

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Perhaps they want a zen cooler for their zen processor? No worries about crushing cores.