Anyone know anything about NAMEZERO.com??

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Anyone know anything about NAMEZERO.com??
I signed up and i got accepted on a free domain... any rants or anything u know bout them?

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Actually I just signed up for them a few weeks ago, and finally today I got the confirmation that I can set a site up.

Dear Tien,

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a member of Namezero(tm)! Your FREE
Personal domain name, domain name based e-mail and domain customization
service will be ready in 24 hours.

Your Domain Name is: awefw4t24.com
Your Password is: sartasfz23523

Also, we have already set up an email address for you to use:
awet242

We have designed 4 easy steps to get you started. You can
find these steps at 24safgaw4a
within 48 hours.

Namezero members can also take advantage of our new Personal
Resource Center located at
http://www2.namezero.com/prc/index.html .

The Personal Resource Center allows individuals to quickly and
easily establish themselves on the Web, as well as gain access
to numerous entertainment and communications services.

Thank you again for choosing Namezero to setup your online identity.
We look forward to serving you again.

The Namezero.com Team
Your Place on the Web.(tm)
http://www.namezero.com

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
And basically, you get a big ad at the bottom of each page that's on the domain, unless you forward it somewhere. But it's FREE, can't beat that..

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
GoldenBear, may be a dimond member but not much of a thinker....QUICK LOOK AT UR POST AND EDIT IT!

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
It's been edited.

I don't really own a domain of awefw4t24.com

And my e-mail isn't awet242 either.

LadyNiniane

Feb 16, 2001
IIRC, the deal there is that you can access and use the domain name as if it was your own, but the actual owner remains NameZero until/unless you pay the registration fee directly to Network Solutions (or Register.com, or whoever they are using for the domain name registration process).

What that means is that if you want to move it to another hosting/DNS entity, or if your traffic/bandwidth becomes more than they can handle, they can pull the plug at any point - and you would end up with nothing.

Check the registration for the domain name in about a month or so - Whois.net lists register info for most of the major players. Chances are you won't find your name there (except as the Admin Contact, maybe), but you will find NameZero or their register company as the owner of record.

You should read carefully any provided information about moving the name to another service or supplier. Not saying it's a bad idea, I just wouldn't put a business website under their auspices/control.

Lady Niniane

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
no biggie for me ill just pay for a domain if i realy want one....and if i really want this one they transfer fee is 50 bux.