Anyone know a serious gaming girl?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Several of my Steam buddies play TF2 side by side with their wives. It's funny seeing a Heavy/Medic pair in-game that you know are husband/wife in reality.

The server I used to play on had pretty high percentage of women, and quite a few couples on who played together. The couples were pretty universally terrors - like 6 of the top 10 spots. There was one couple who always played demo/kritz medic, switched roles all the time and constantly wiped out the entire enemy team.

TF2 seems to attract more females then usual.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
She cute?

She's absolutely gorgeous, when my friend told me about a year ago that she played CSS I thought for sure he was having me on, so I'd approach her and ask about it and look like a complete idiot, but for whatever reason I asked her recently and turned out to be telling the truth...I was like..."Wait...wat?"

She's really cool, we're playing Dead Island tonight, and probably some stuff at the weekend :)

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The server I used to play on had pretty high percentage of women, and quite a few couples on who played together. The couples were pretty universally terrors - like 6 of the top 10 spots. There was one couple who always played demo/kritz medic, switched roles all the time and constantly wiped out the entire enemy team.

The only husband wife pair in tf2 that i knew was usually an engineer engineer combo. Made for a real nice defense

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I have a few as friends on Steam. They seem to play a lot and a variety of games, so I would definitely dub them as gamers. Some of them are quite decent too, though it doesn't take much to be better than me.

KT

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
My Ex from a few years ago was a hard core gamer. Started out watching me play Diablo and got hooked. Played and even modded Dungeon Siege 1-2. Was absolutely HOOKED on Xcom. And was starting to get into NWN. Even had a letter posted in PC Gamer back when they were semi-respectable. She had her own consoles and a rather kickin PC (thanks to me). Don't know what she is up to these days, but back in the day she was really into that stuff.

And they are becoming more and more common as gaming is becoming more accepted. If you go to Blizzcon or ComicCon, where only a few years ago it was 95% guys now things have changed quite considerably (more like 60-70% male). My Ex and I went to a con one year and she was like "The women's room is totally empty". A few years later at the same con, she was like "I remember when there was no line for the ladies room."

suggestion if you are looking to meet women like that, go to cons and other social functions where gaming is the focus. Chat them up there and see where it takes you.

Oh, and they aren't all chubby, horn rimmed glasses types either. My Ex was fairly smokin.

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005

Which server was this?

I agree, TF2 definitely draws in more females than a typical FPS.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Actually met one last year and now am good friends with. If I didn't have a girlfriend I would date her lol.

Edit: She is 100% hot too so that was quite shocking.

Last edited:

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
My GF loves the Street Fighter games and can hold her own pretty well. If she had a laptop that could run games, she'd probably play some games with me too.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I've known girls who claim they are and then find out they just in front of Farmville all day at school when they should be going to class or at least studying.

Never a serious gamer girl. I keep hearing about them. I wanted to believe in Lisa Foiles but I think she's full of crap.

Who? Don't want to google girls at work.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Not really. She was rather chubby. Not ugly though.

To answer your real question, I think you should go for it. Talk nerd to her. ;)

None of my female friends are gamers outside of casual stuff. There are tons out there though.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
My grandmother is 108 and she is the most hard-line gamer I've ever met. She only likes 1st-person shooters.

Oct 25, 2006
The idea of a gamer girl is ridiculous. There are people who plays games and people who don't, gender has nothing to do with it. Anyone who calls themselves a "gamer girl" is a attention seeker.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Who? Don't want to google girls at work.

I think I remember who she is. I saw her on The Escapist (the website that hosts Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation) where she does this Top 5 (?) list of things in gaming. I believe I looked her up at one point wondering how she ended up on there, and apparently she was a cast member on Nickelodeon's All That TV show.

She's definitely a looker though.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
The idea of a gamer girl is ridiculous. There are people who plays games and people who don't, gender has nothing to do with it. Anyone who calls themselves a "gamer girl" is a attention seeker.

Agreed, but I think the point of the thread was knowing girls who play games on a regular basis. I'm in a slightly older generation (nearly 30) and so it's not as common in my age group because growing up, video games weren't nearly as trendy/accepted as they are now. They were mostly seen as a things nerds do. That's probably changing now in the younger generations.

My GF for instance is only a couple years younger than me and plays video games because her older brothers did and that's where she learned.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I know a few, one is a model at that. They exist, they just keep it to themselves most the time I've noticed.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
My gf took a interest in both BC2 and BF3 the two main games i play as well as UT3 but she needs training.

The first mission on the train in BF3 if anyone knows it lol took her a hour after about 3 hours of trying to get pass the two rpg guys blowing up cars in the parking lot i believe 3 missions in she threw in the towel and gave up on fps lol.

Lots of training needed.:)

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
At one point when I played WoW my guild had the most girls playing on our server. I would estimate that we had 35% girls playing in the guild. We had vent and they talked all the time on it. Most of them were druids but we had a girl playing every class. Most of the girls were wives of other guild mates. We were an older guild 30's 40's fun times.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
24/7 Warpath? D:

Though to be fair, I spend an awful lot of time hanging out on a 24/7 2Fort server. :awe:

Yeah. I liked warpath a great deal because at the surface, it's a meat grinder. And you can play it as 'respawn, shoot, die, repeat' - but you won't get anywhere. Need coordinated efforts to actually get anything done.

Oct 20, 2005
She's absolutely gorgeous, when my friend told me about a year ago that she played CSS I thought for sure he was having me on, so I'd approach her and ask about it and look like a complete idiot, but for whatever reason I asked her recently and turned out to be telling the truth...I was like..."Wait...wat?"

She's really cool, we're playing Dead Island tonight, and probably some stuff at the weekend :)

So instead of asking her out on a real date, you ask her out to an online virtual date?