Anyone know a serious gaming girl?

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
They aren't as common as guys who game but they are out there. I met this girl about 6 months back when working at one of the other NCIX stores and she was a hard core gamer. Her facebook posts are just gaming gaming gaming. She's not a huge FPS player but loves Star Craft, MMOs and the like. And I mean she spends most of her spare time gaming! Not not looking for someone, just wondering what stories people have.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Was she hot? :)

My ex was kind of a gamer, had her own xbox and live account but she was pretty rubbish at most games except guitar hero :rolleyes: Apart from that I haven't encountered any girl gamers, someone I backstabbed on starcraft claimed to be a girl but I didn't believe her/him/whatever...

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Was she hot? :)

My ex was kind of a gamer, had her own xbox and live account but she was pretty rubbish at most games except guitar hero :rolleyes: Apart from that I haven't encountered any girl gamers, someone I backstabbed on starcraft claimed to be a girl but I didn't believe her/him/whatever...

Not really. She was rather chubby. Not ugly though.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
they're not that uncommon, they just play different games like the Sims, and the ones that do play more male popular games like your average shooter, well they typically don't speak up because they'd rather not be immediately swarmed over

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I like girls who plays games. On the other hand, I do not like "gamer gurlz".

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
besides me, yeah i know a few others i game with pretty frequently.

:p

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
they're not that uncommon, they just play different games like the Sims, and the ones that do play more male popular games like your average shooter, well they typically don't speak up because they'd rather not be immediately swarmed over

The Sims is not a game, it's a virtual ant farm

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I went out with a korean girl that was a really hardcore gamer for a while, she played a lot of RTS games and we played a ton of GW together. She was also quite good looking, I've met a few gamer chicks who were really damn hot.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
My wife games quite a bit. She's into WoW, The Sims (of course) and has been enjoying the Diablo 3 beta. She also plays angry birds on her tab all the time....

Still have not met a hardcore FPS gaming girl. When I was much younger I used to hang out in cyber cafes before broadband in the home had hit and there were tons of Korean girls there playing Counter Strike, Starcraft and Diablo :cool:

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Had a front desk girl who was really hardcore on CoD. Plays on Live regularly and trash talks like nobody's business. Way too many tats and piercings for my liking though.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I’m friends with a girl who really loves her XBox360 gaming (mainly FPSes like Call of Duty). She’s not half bad looking, either.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
Was a raid leader in wow and had two hot girls in the raid... they got a lot of the best loot :) Never met them IRL though.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've known girls who claim they are and then find out they just in front of Farmville all day at school when they should be going to class or at least studying.

Never a serious gamer girl. I keep hearing about them. I wanted to believe in Lisa Foiles but I think she's full of crap.

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
she doesnt pc game, but she plays 360... have never seen a picture of her. as she is married to one of the guys i play with, but she is pretty good....

now my girl which plays once in a while is terrible at the game and of course i think she is hot :)

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I've known two, both super hot but with erratic personalities. They are very rare and it's one in a million that a stable relationship centered around gaming would ever work. Sorry to dash your hopes. I'm trying to turn my g/f into a gamer but she doesn't really have the free time for it at the moment with school.

Sidekicknichola

Feb 7, 2012
They are very rare and it's one in a million that a stable relationship centered around gaming would ever work.
I hit the jack pot, my fiance' was a contestant in the Miss America pageants (beautiful) and while she doesn't play much for video games, LOVES to watch me play... how perfect is that. No sharing time, just fire up something she likes and she'll let me play for hours.

She is currently in love with skyrim.... honestly the other night as we were out to eat I mentioned I wanted to go home and go to bed but she insisted I play "just one or two quests" before bed.... she went as far to move the playstation to our room so I could play from bed.... she hates if I play when she isn't around. She isn't a fan of FPS though, just anything that is an "adventure" game to hear keeps her happy.

again, jackpot.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
I hit the jack pot, my fiance' was a contestant in the Miss America pageants (beautiful) and while she doesn't play much for video games, LOVES to watch me play... how perfect is that. No sharing time, just fire up something she likes and she'll let me play for hours.

She is currently in love with skyrim.... honestly the other night as we were out to eat I mentioned I wanted to go home and go to bed but she insisted I play "just one or two quests" before bed.... she went as far to move the playstation to our room so I could play from bed.... she hates if I play when she isn't around. She isn't a fan of FPS though, just anything that is an "adventure" game to hear keeps her happy.

again, jackpot.

I would need to see a pic as proof of this or better yet a video! :)

If this is true...you lucky mofo

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
My wife plays facebook and popcap games (Frontierville, PvZ, Insaniquarium, Bejeweled etc.). She also plays awesome board games like Settlers of Catan and Dominion (not a board game) when we have friends over.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Several of my Steam buddies play TF2 side by side with their wives. It's funny seeing a Heavy/Medic pair in-game that you know are husband/wife in reality.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
I've only known a couple who have come to LAN parties and joined in, one was a g/f of a friend not really pro gamers but enough to get on with FPS games like L4D.

I found out the other day our building receptionist is a PC gamer so we met up online last night for some gun game and L4D2 and had a blast, she's pretty good as well, I was really surprised to find out she's into gaming, and not the sims or facebook games or even consoles...proper hardcore PC gaming, it's completely epic.

What takes the piss is that in my office we have a call centre and most of the guys here are young males who are the exact people you would have thought some gamers to be hiding in, and in reality only a few of them are and of those they're mainly console noobs...so the world is a bit topsy turvy right now lol...

El Guaraguao

Diamond Member
May 7, 2008
My ex knew of only 2 games. Super Mario World and Street Fighter II. I still remember the embarrassing memory of defeat M.Bison with Blanka over a good amount of time. She noticed me going berserk, she grabbed the controller and demolished Bison in 2 rounds.

However, when we went 1 on 1, she would almost NEVER beat me. Stroke of luck, I guess.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I've only known a couple who have come to LAN parties and joined in, one was a g/f of a friend not really pro gamers but enough to get on with FPS games like L4D.

I found out the other day our building receptionist is a PC gamer so we met up online last night for some gun game and L4D2 and had a blast, she's pretty good as well, I was really surprised to find out she's into gaming, and not the sims or facebook games or even consoles...proper hardcore PC gaming, it's completely epic.

What takes the piss is that in my office we have a call centre and most of the guys here are young males who are the exact people you would have thought some gamers to be hiding in, and in reality only a few of them are and of those they're mainly console noobs...so the world is a bit topsy turvy right now lol...
She cute?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I've known a few over the years, they aren't as rare as we might think. The ones I met since a couple years are playing MMORPGs (coincidental with the amount of time I've been playing MMORPGs myself), often on laptops for some reasons (not sure why but "PC gaming" for many of them seems to be synonym with mobility and low performance), or if not they are console gamers (whom happen to play on-line anyhow via XBOX Live or PSN when they do play on-line). I've started playing DC Universe Online recently, and on the Leagues recruitment forums there's a thread for an all-women League ("League" in DCUO being a guild), although I don't know if all of their members are indeed girls in real life. As I said most girls I know of whom play games just happen to be playing the same MMORPGs I'm playing myself (mostly F2P ones). I do know when the player is indeed a girl only when I get to hear them talk over their microphone during any given game event (in-game or on ventrilo for example).

What I wonder myself though is how many are off-line gamers, and how many are on-line... and why not how many are doing both. I remember discussing that (video gaming and girls, in general) with a friend. She, a gamer herself back then, said that us "boys" started realizing [more] that girls do play and like games simply due to the advent of on-line gaming over the years, simply because many gaming girls went with the trend and moved from off-line gaming to on-line. It's true that a few years back (or longer perhaps, a decade at least) during the years of 8-Bit, 16-Bit and 32-Bit gaming that we wouldn't get to know them as much as we can today, since back then gaming was done off-line and at home, for the most part. Nowadays if you play exclusively off-line or if you're content with playing games on your older consoles only occasionally then of course no one will know, but then again the girls who belong to the "off-line" category don't actually care either.

As a side note, I've met one girl whom happened to be playing WoW very often back then (that was... around four years ago) and yes she was extremely charming and svelte (we stayed friends... dammit). She often spoke of her latest raids and how fun (or not) it was, etc. And of course I tried to stay interested and smiled as she explained how it went, but she had no idea how I couldn't care one bit about it [that I never played WoW back then nor that I ever cared about it]. I never told her, being the gentleman I am, c'mon guys! But anyway, as of now the girls I know of are playing MMORPGs and we (me and they) just happen to be in the same guilds, sometimes I get to hear them talk as we play around. To be honest though they are far more numerous (at least in those games) than I originally thought possible, I'm kinda shocked really.

There's still this stereotyped years-long "nerdy-manized" (my cousin came up with that one) perception in my mind that gaming in general is indeed still mostly experienced by "guys" (I.E men, or if you prefer pubescent and per-pubescent perverts alike), and that girls (I.E REAL girls, not a "Guy. In. Real. Life") are but a mere product of our imagination (or desires). Please, girls, don't blame me, I've grown from those years of video gaming during which it was common belief that if you ever dared touching a console's controller that you'd die a virgin, and that revealing your gaming habits to any girls would be a guaranteed failure for a potential relationship (total turn-off, "never tell a girl you're a gamer!").

Ah, yes... the good ol' days.

Last edited: