Anyone know a reputable site to do a criminal background check?

dirtylimey

Nov 22, 2006
Some states have a clerk of court website where you can look up a name with DOB to see what they have been in court for and what they have been charged with if anything. Wisconsins site is pretty decent. Thats free of charge. No idea on the others that require you to pay.

Nov 5, 2001
I believe you have to have a signed release authorizing such a search if it is done by a company and not via public records.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
I believe you have to have a signed release authorizing such a search if it is done by a company and not via public records.
For a criminal records check, you do not need a release from the person. Criminal records are public record and available to all.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
For a criminal records check, you do not need a release from the person. Criminal records are public record and available to all.

Hmmmm....I'll have to check with our HR person. I thought our employment package had a release in it. I know we had them at my old place of employment.

*edit*
some people make you sign waivers such as this