• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Anyone interested in some art related work for an MMO?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Text

Virtrium has intern positions available for game modelers who are interested in helping to improve existing game structural models. These are unpaid art production openings to assess existing models, fix problems with geometry, remodel and retexture when necessary, and export/test in-game.

This opportunity will provide experience working with game / PC / MMO art. Candidates must sign an NDA and will report to the art director via e-mail and instant messenger. Assignments are on a model by model basis with opportunity for increased responsibilities if you handle tasks with great skill.

Requirements
Experience in polygon modeling in 3ds Max or Maya
Solid understanding of modeling efficiently for games
Reliable, able to communicate deadlines and difficulties

Duties
Evaluate existing structural game models
Improve efficiency on all level of detail models
Create and unwrap models based on existing art
Ensure changes work correctly in-game

Preference on Applicants
Able to work in both 3ds Max and Maya
Show examples of own game models
Have played "Horizons: Empire of Istaria"

If you are interested in this opportunity, send a letter to Daryl at daryll@virtrium.com detailing your skill set, how you feel interning will help your game industry goals, and why you would like to be involved.

Here's the forum thread for discussion or questions:
http://community.istaria.com/f...howthread.php?p=166970

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
For those looking to get into the gaming industry, this would likely look good as a resume. Working with mod projects also looks good, as I understand it. I'm much of a programmer and my drawing expertise ends at the stick figure, unfortunately.

I need to get some programming courses in next semester.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
For those looking to get into the gaming industry, this would likely look good as a resume. Working with mod projects also looks good, as I understand it. I'm much of a programmer and my drawing expertise ends at the stick figure, unfortunately.

I need to get some programming courses in next semester.
The industry needs help with gameplay design and story / character writing more than anything right now, IMO, those are usually the weak points of modern games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS