Anyone interested in an AT forum reader?

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
I have this version I coded up in Perl pretty quickly, and if you guys enjoy it I might spend some more time developing it. I have been using it a lot just because my subscription ran out and i was sick of looking at the ads, and I mainly am a lurker these days. Let me know what you think, and if you would use it regularly. Remember this has basically NO features and is a barebones reader, so don't just flip out saying it needs this and that. If interest is high enough I'll think about continuing development.

AnandTech Forum Reader
I have tested it in IE, Mozilla, and Opera successfully.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
I'd rather have the ads and support the forums.

oh and is it supposed to do something? it's not working in linux with firebird.

screw3d

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Beast1284
I have this version I coded up in Perl pretty quickly, and if you guys enjoy it I might spend some more time developing it. I have been using it a lot just because my subscription ran out and i was sick of looking at the ads, and I mainly am a lurker these days. Let me know what you think, and if you would use it regularly. Remember this has basically NO features and is a barebones reader, so don't just flip out saying it needs this and that. If interest is high enough I'll think about continuing development.

AnandTech Forum Reader
Doesn't work with Firebird... :confused: But works fine in IE.

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
Hmmm, I'd suggest that you contact the AT forum admin before going around telling people about this. You might want to get his/their permission first.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
You mean I don't have to look at that big open empty space on the left side of the screen that I've had to look at since they ripped my subscription right out of my hands?

screw3d

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Squisher
You mean I don't have to look at that big open empty space on the left side of the screen that I've had to look at since they ripped my subscription right out of my hands?

Firebird with a customized css file fixes that nicely ;)

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Wow, that's actually pretty cool! The closest I could get to doing that stuff would be to have monkeys do lots of copying/pasting for me. I don't program anything.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: iloveme2
I can't post and it's no faster than AT. What's the point?

Really? You would think something called a 'Reader' would let ya post.... Wouldnt ya?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
What's special about firebird that a lot of people use it? I use opera but I like that custom css file... hehe

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Beast1284

AnandTech Forum Reader

i like it but when i go to off topic, it puts me back to gen hardware

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
That is a pretty cool program. I have no use for it, but it is still pretty cool :)