anyone host with www.powweb.com?

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
I need a new host for my site. I know there have been threads about this topic but I dont see powweb listed anywhere. They seem to have a great price! $7/month gets you
Disk Space (Raid Storage) 650 MB
Data Transfer/Bandwidth 45 GB/mo

Anyone?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I think PowWeb.com is a large and popular web hosting company, I have seen good and bad reviews on WHT.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
thanks for the link rossman. I know you are the deal king around here......what's your reccomendation these days for someone that needs at least 30 GB's of transfer/month?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: waylman
thanks for the link rossman. I know you are the deal king around here......what's your reccomendation these days for someone that needs at least 30 GB's of transfer/month?

That's a dilemma, do you want a quality web hosting provider which costs $$ or a fly by night company run by a 13 year old out of his basement for a few bucks less?

If you want the latter, something ultra cheap then I cannot help you because I hate referring people to crappy services. You should go here and you'll find a wealth of amazing offers, 95% of which are pure crap.

If you want a quality web hosting provider with 30GB, there's quite a few out there but the best bang for your buck is dathorn.com which is not currently accepting new customers but they should be later today or possibly tomorrow. There's at least 2 dozen AT'ers who have a dathorn account and AFAIK they are all very happy with the speed, reliability, support and value they are receiving.

"You get what you pay for" is very true in the web hosting world.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: waylman
Dathorn looks great! Much appreciated.

dathorn is great, I've been a happy customer of theirs for around 4 months.

It's amazing what they give you for only $13.50/mo you get:

• 2GB webspace
  • 30GB bandwidth
  • Fast servers located at The Planet data center
  • Amazing uptime and reliability
  • WHM & cPanel which kick major ass over Ensim & Plesk
  • Since this is a RESELLERS account you can provide an unlimited number of web hosting accounts (each has their own cPanel, email, webmail, FTP, etc.) to anyone you want, give them away for free, use them all yourself or charge for hosting. I currently provide web hosting and e-mail only hosting for about 60 domains.
  • SSH access
  • POP/IMAP/Webmail
  • Personalized name servers ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com really cool and they're FREE

If price is not an issue I would recommend HTTPme.COM and Voxtreme.com, both are very highly regarded as THE BEST.

If you are FILTHY RICH and can afford your own DUAL XEON server for around $399/mo then you can't beat Rackspace.com