anyone here work at accenture?

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
if you do, what you think of the company?
i got an interview with them tomorrow for an entry level analyst position...what kind of stuff do they look for? how were your interviews?
thanks in advance :)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: GeneValgene
if you do, what you think of the company?
i got an interview with them tomorrow for an entry level analyst position...what kind of stuff do they look for? how were your interviews?
thanks in advance :)

I've heard it's a pretty good company. They've hired some graduates from my school in recent years and they have all been happy there. They contacted me for an interview, but they needed me to start a month before I graduated. :frown: I think all entry-level people there start in a 2-month paid training program, after which they decide if they want to hire you permanently.

Good luck!

xchangx

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
Accenture has really good benefits, (free lunch).

They are a great company to work for and treat their employeee very well.

I have a few friends that work there and love it.

I had a phone interview last semester with them.

Michael Chang

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: xchangx
Accenture has really good benefits, (free lunch).

They are a great company to work for and treat their employeee very well.

I have a few friends that work there and love it.

I had a phone interview last semester with them.

Michael Chang

I too have friends that work there that aren't as thrilled about the company. While the rigors of travelling are hard enough, they complain that the work isn't very challenging (often due to a disconnect between the company and the client) and that some of the work they do they feel doesn't really contribute much. After awhile, that wears away at your morale.

-geoff

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Salary start low, but if you got promoted quickly, the raise is of significant amount (15% and up). No 401K last time I check, but they give bonus at end of year based on company's performance and your performance. Depend on which department you're assigned, you can have lots of travelling, or none whatsoever if you're inserted to client's location to maintain sections of their departments. Personally I think its more suited for single people than a family man.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I've heard they make you strip down butt naked during the interview to check the skid marks in your undies. If they find one large brown spot they reject you for lack of imagination. If, on the other hand, you have multiple streaks that form some sort of pattern then you are a shoo-in for the job.

Part of the nekkid interview involves them observing just how far yer gonads are sucked up. The lower they hang, the better chance you have to be hired.

<-------------doesn't know WTF he's talking about.:p

xchangx

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
I take all I said back. I was thinking about Hewitt Associates.

My interview sucked with Accenture. I knew right off the bat that it was going to be bad when the interviewer commented on my gpa.

Anyway, they questioned me about my knowledge of their company, about the position, etc..

Do some heavy research on the company.

Michael Chang

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: astroview
I've heard the turnover is pretty bad there, can anyone confirm that?

Turnover rate is high with any IT consulting firm.

KrustyVT

Jun 28, 2000
Originally posted by: xchangx
I take all I said back. I was thinking about Hewitt Associates.

My interview sucked with Accenture. I knew right off the bat that it was going to be bad when the interviewer commented on my gpa.

Anyway, they questioned me about my knowledge of their company, about the position, etc..

Do some heavy research on the company.

Michael Chang

Wow - been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. GPA is a truely horrible way to screen potential employees. Here's hoping they wound up with someone who got a 4.0, had no real world experience, and was a complete moron on-site.

-=K=-

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
The guy I bought this house from works at Accenture. I would ask him questions about this house before I bought it and he was like, "ask my wife, I don't really know - I was hardly ever home."

The dude travelled ALL THE TIME. I know an entry-level position isn't likely to be the same type of job, but I don't think they have very good work/life balance.

At any rate, if I had a better relationship with him, I'd ask him about it more for you. Sorry.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
I don't work there, but I have worked with Accenture on a few engagements and have gotten to know a few of their employees pretty well. It is definitately not a company for me. Their employees pull very long hours (notice I didn't say work hard) and have to travel frequently.

They have an internal saying called "The walk of shame.". Apparently, if you leave work before the sun goes down or before the partner on the project leaves then you are taking this walk. Accenture puts a premium on being at work long hours.

Their employees are proud that the vast majority of their partners have been divorced at least once (some even joke that it is a prerequisite).

On the other hand, Accenture will reward people who work long hours and consistently produce.

I am more of a family man and enjoy time to myself. This fact alone does not work well in Accenture. It is the reason I have never joined them.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Just so you know, Accenture is the consulting spin-off from Arthur Andersen (yes, the now defunct audit firm).

I had an employee of mine go to work for them about 3 years ago. He called me back about 8-10 months later seeing if I had anything open for him.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I don't think the owner of f*ckedcompany.com likes this company too much, he calls it "ass enter" ;)

rich

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CPA
Just so you know, Accenture is the consulting spin-off from Arthur Andersen (yes, the now defunct audit firm).

I had an employee of mine go to work for them about 3 years ago. He called me back about 8-10 months later seeing if I had anything open for him.

Not really. Before Accenture went public, they used to be called Andersen Consulting. Arthur Andersen and Accenture had the same parent company.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ManSnake
Originally posted by: CPA

Not really. Before Accenture went public, they used to be called Andersen Consulting. Arthur Andersen and Accenture had the same parent company.

OK, if you want to get technical about it :D

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
hey, thanks for the info guys.
well, i read up as much about the company as i coudl before the interview.
the job definitely requires traveling as well as long hours...it hink i am ok with that since i am still pretty young right now though..

anyhow, the interview went alright...pretty standard. just went through my resume and i asked her a whole bunch of questiosn about the company. i have the second interview coming up with one of the partners. that one should be more difficult - probably a behavioral/case interview.

if any of you know anything else let me know...thanks a bunch!

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
definitely not for me, my day of slavering (is that even a word?) 50-60 hrs for an annual bonus are over. :p

sorry i don't know anyone from accenture :(