anyone here who spend excessive time on the computer not need glasses?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
well i have a low number but i had it before i used the computer. and using the computer has not increased my prescription.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Lonyo
I needed glasses before I started using computers a lot. So yes, I use a computer, and yes, I need glasses, but the two are not related.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
10-16 hours a day here for 5 years, no glasses. And my eyes are tested every six months because of one of my meds, my vision is just fine.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Do you fear that computer use is causing you to need glasses?

I do find that I get eye strain when I spend excessive time staring at the computer screen in a dimly lit room. I make a point of turning on the light, and also using task lighting now, as well as trying to limit my time at the screen.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: msparish
You've already asked this: Text
It's your genes that cause nearsightedness. Not using a computer.

pr0n cause nearsightedness and we all well know what leads to blindness.

ddviper

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Lonyo
I needed glasses before I started using computers a lot. So yes, I use a computer, and yes, I need glasses, but the two are not related.

Yup same here

-Got bad vision?

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Perfect vision + 10 hours per day on the computer. My last eye doctor recommended reading glasses to prevent eye strain, but they caused problems when I wasn't wearing them.