anyone here who spend excessive time on the computer not need glasses?

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I needed glasses before I started using computers a lot. So yes, I use a computer, and yes, I need glasses, but the two are not related.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I need glasses, but I needed them long before I spent a lot of time on a computer.. in fact in the years since I started using a computetr a lot, my vision has pretty much leveled off to the extent that my perscription has only gotten stronger once in like 8 years.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
No glassses. At work I look at a CRT for 8 hours, then at home on an LCD for another 3-5.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
could you guys stat the amount of time and years youve contribute on the pc and still free of glasses? :D

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Solodays
anyone here who spends timeless hours on the pc still dont need glasses?

And yes, my wife constantly reads and uses the computer (probably a total of 8-10 hours most days) and has perfect vision.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Lonyo
I needed glasses before I started using computers a lot. So yes, I use a computer, and yes, I need glasses, but the two are not related.

i needed glasses before I ever saw a computer.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
Originally posted by: drum
Originally posted by: Lonyo

i needed glasses before I ever saw a computer.

i guess computers are only 1 of the factors, things like reading and shlt like that. were you a heavy reader as a kid?

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
Originally posted by: msparish

And yes, my wife constantly reads and uses the computer (probably a total of 8-10 hours most days) and has perfect vision.

if nearsighted is cause by genes, inherited. so lets step back quite a few thousand years back when glasses aren't invented yet, so basicly those ppl that are born with it is F***?

doesnt make sense.

Jun 4, 2005

if nearsighted is cause by genes, inherited. so lets step back quite a few thousand years back when glasses aren't invented yet, so basicly those ppl that are born with it is F***?

doesnt make sense.

Evolution. Some things are picked up, dropped and inherited.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
Originally posted by: LoKe

doesnt make sense.

Evolution. Some things are picked up, dropped and inherited.

?

more detail?

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
here, read this: THE BIGGEST CONSUMER FRAUD OF ALL TIME!

http://www.myopia.org/index2.htm

page2,3,4 are on the lower left.

My vision got worse every year thanks to glasses that kept fixing my eyesight to 20/20. These glasses made my eyes worse, eventually to 20/800 so a new eye doctor recommended I get my glasses adjusted to 20/50 instead of 20/20 or 20/10 and since then my eyes have not gotten worse since they still need to work to focus, actually I think they have gotten better. I got weaker glasses after that and my vision still improves slightly.

The doctor that recommended I not get my vision fixed to 20/20 had eyes as bad as me, probably by being prescribed glasses that adjusted vision to 20/20.

If it wasnt for the information he gave me, I would probably be like 20/2000 now

bersl2

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2004
I don't need glasses, but I have them for extreme long distance; it returns my vision to its original 20/20L:20/15R.

But I only use them when I really want to.