Anyone here use a KVM switch with a DVI LCD??

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've currently got a Dell 2001FP that has both DVI and D-Sub (standard 15 pin VGA) inputs. I used the KVM to switch between keyboard/mouse inputs and the video switcher on the monitor. So far so good. :)

I wish I could find a cheap KVM with both DVI and standard VGA inputs. Would save having to flip on the monitor but it's not that big of a deal.

cpars

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Robor
I've currently got a Dell 2001FP that has both DVI and D-Sub (standard 15 pin VGA) inputs. I used the KVM to switch between keyboard/mouse inputs and the video switcher on the monitor. So far so good. :)

I wish I could find a cheap KVM with both DVI and standard VGA inputs. Would save having to flip on the monitor but it's not that big of a deal.

Doing exact same thing here

kki000

Jun 6, 2001
im in the same boat, same monitor 2.
What im looking for is a blue tooth kvm. I have anothe monitor sitting next to that one with dvi, and all i need to switch is the km part of kvm. If i could get a bt wireless keyboard n mouse that can switch controls between the machines at the flick of a switch.... droool...

How come nothing like this exists?

AndyD2k

Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Robor

I was doing that when I was repairing my bro's pc (I have that Dell as well :) ). Is it safe to do that though?