Anyone here play in a band? If so, what instrument do you play?

freak-o-a-l

Oct 9, 1999
I was just wondering if anyone here is in a band? If so, what instrument(s) do you play? I'm in a band but we didn't get to record anything yet. I play guitar and sing. Hopefully we'll have a demo out in a few months with some serious stuff. But for now, If you want to hear a joke song my friend and I made go to Future Zero @ MP3.COM, but beleive me, IT STINKS! Really bad! But it's okay because it's supposed to stink.

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Yep, I play in a band here in London. We're sort of Indy Rock I guess - we draw our influences from people like built to spill/pavement/slint/sonic youth. I play the electric guitar, and that's it. We're signed to this little Indy label and have 500 CD's released (4 track EP) which is being really well received. There are already two other labels over here who have said they'd really like to sign us and release an album with us. We've only played five gigs, but we have another five coming up in the next couple of weeks and things are going really well at the moment :)

BTW - judging from your song, you have issues with gay people, am I right?

I play bass guitar.

Used to play drums in a band. Versatile, I guess...

freak-o-a-l

Oct 9, 1999
I don't but my freind who wrote the song does I guess. Never really thought about it, I just know that the the song is about an idiot that was trying to steal his Girlfreind so he wrote the song to tick the guy off.

BowDown

Banned
Jun 2, 2000
In highschool style bands I played Upright Bass/Bass Guitar/Bari Sax.

In my own private band I play mainly Guitar and backup vocals.

freak-o-a-l

Oct 9, 1999
We recorded it by sitting in front of a microphone with our amps blasting. It's supposed to stink;) Beleive I can play guitar better than that as well, I wasn't really trying.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I sing. Does that count? :) (I would love to find someone else to sing with and make an album.) I played clarinet for three years a long time ago and I've taken piano lessons.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I am not currently in a band due to an unfriendly work schedule, but I have played in many bands, both school and professional. I play trumpet, French Horn, euphonium, tuba, clarinet and piano. (Listed in order of proficiency, with the best first.. :)) I have also had quite a bit of voice training, and sang in one opera (Yuck! :disgust: ), but I prefer to sing Broadway and jazz music and also direct a church choir...