anyone here own a 94 Pontiac Bonneville? (serpentine belt replacement question)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RU482, Mar 26, 2003.

1. RU482

RU482 Lifer

Where is the belt tensioner for the serpentine belt on this car? I guess I'm just not looking at it right

2. Zenmervolt

Zenmervolt Supermoderator<br>The Garage<br>Elite member

Usually the tensioner is shown on the belt diagram under the hood.

ZV

3. KGB1

KGB1 Platinum Member

LOL.. haha never owned a Bonneville before huh? You'll quick to notice once you pop the hood it won't have a sticker containing a drawing of the belt line.

GM quality at its best [​IMG]

Umm Redly... go to an Autozone and look at the Charlton(spelt?) Repair Manual for the Bonneville, it'll have it in there.. you can also try the Manual that came with the car (I know my fathers had it)

*note its different for the Supercharged 3.8 than the regular 205hp

4. Ornery

Ornery Lifer

Well hell, it's gotta be one of those pulleys it wraps around. Connect the dots!

5. Guest

It's located down in the middle of the "V", offset from the center, you can identify it because it is made out of plastic.
    There is no adjustment on this tensioner, it is spring loaded, if the belt is making noise, replace it.

6. tcsenter

tcsenter Lifer

That's weird, every GM vehicle I've owned since my 1978 Buick Regal had, among others, belt sticker diagrams; 1983 Buick Century, 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1989 Chevy Cavalier, 1992 Pontiac Bonneville, 1994 GMC 1500 Sierra.