Anyone here NOT like compliments?

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
I feel as though I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy being complimented, just seems like once I hear it, it's something that I won't do anymore because I'll think about it. I'd much rather be criticized than be complimented, anyone else feel this way?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Where are you getting these compliments, because based on my observations, you sure arent getting them on ATOT.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Where are you getting these compliments, because based on my observations, you sure arent getting them on ATOT.

His mommy?

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
I'll let your mum know not to tell you you're cool anymore. I'll tell her when I'm finished with her tonight.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Scouzer
so thats why you make yourself look like an incredible moron on here?

Maybe. Or it's just quite possibly my way to vent with out taking it out on people who matter, then agian, who says this forum has people on it? By the looks of things, they're just invalids.

Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
I like when you show me pictures of Scarlett Johanssen.

huh? What wasn't me....

Originally posted by: iamaelephant
I'll let your mum know not to tell you you're cool anymore. I'll tell her when I'm finished with her tonight.

My parents don't compliment me much, which is a good thing, I think they've figured it out by now that compliments bother me.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
For me, it depends who it's coming from. I really appreciate compliments that most of my friends give me. If I'm complimented by someone I don't know or someone I think to be stupid or whatnot, I generally take quite a bit of offense at any compliments they might deliver.

I'm not all that great about delivering compliments. I guess I'd rather not compliment someone than take the chance of greatly offending them by complimenting them in a manner they don't appreciate.

Nov 7, 2000
i dont really feel comfortable being complimented. its either over the top flattery, or just reaffirming stuff i already know

and dont worry, ill never compliment you

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
interesting post
Maybe you're so confident in yourself, that when people say something neutral, you take it as a compliment. Maybe you need to draw a distinction between what really is a compliment, and what is probably just a polite comment just to make conversation with.

or maybe it's just gas

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
well, compliments make me feel uneasy sometimes because I get this feeling that I have to now try harder to meet their raised expectations and not disappoint them.

of course it's much better than being criticized

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
i like it when you post inane threads no one wants to read. i also like that you continue to bump threads when the majority of reponses simply berate you. please do it some more