Anyone Here like Sarah Brightman?

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I've been listening to her quite a bit lately. Not exactly one of my favorites, but she has a great voice. I could listen to her sing Ave Maria over and over again.

Anyone else?

BTW... pic of her. Might be slow on dial-up.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
bump one time, then will let it die if no responses(I don't bump a ton of times till I get a response;):)).

But I'll add one more thing. I think it is cool how she can change from a regular singing voice into an opera voice. I don't know if most opera singers can do both, or how hard that is, but I think it is pretty cool that she can. And she sounds good doing both voices.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Classical artist who sold her soul for cheesy pop songs. I went to a concert of hers with some friends. She has a nice pure voice, but I was left unimpressed.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

<< Classical artist who sold her soul for cheesy pop songs. I went to a concert of hers with some friends. She has a nice pure voice, but I was left unimpressed. >>

Haven't heard any songs by her that would be considered &quot;Pop&quot;, so I guess I won't. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Once in a lifetime is my favorite. So kinky.

Let me dive in
To pools of sin
Wet black leather on my skin
Show me the floor
Lay down the law
I need to taste you more

Then I feel your sea
Raining down on me
Can this be my once in a lifetime
Hell's at heaven's door
As I need you more
You know you're my once in a lifetime

When you take me
And make me cry
Then I feel you satisfy
Show me the cage
It's all the rage
And lock it up

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
deliver meeeeeeeeeeeee :)

sometimes we play it really loud to piss off our annoying neighbors.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Piano man may be right. She's done some things like Dust in the Wind and others. ugh. be that as it may, she has an amazing voice.

Time To Say Goodbye is good, until Andrea Bocelli chimes in. I really don't care for his voice very much.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
LOL... i think you mean Andrea Bocelli is the one doing pop songs... anyone remember him at the Oscars the other year, singing one of the songs from that cartoon movie with Celine Dion? Now that was painful to watch....

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
One of my favorites. I went to see her in concert and it was a great experience. Too bad she only looks good when out of focus. Her voice puts those teeny boppers to shame.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Classical artist who sold her soul for cheesy pop songs. I went to a concert of hers with some friends. She has a nice pure voice, but I was left unimpressed. >>

Bullshit.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
She has a wonderful voice. Loved her in Phantom CD and we have her two most recent CD's. Went to see her concert last year. Wonderful show but a bit short (must take a toll on her voice).

Very angelic, soothing music. She frequents my CD player often. :D

colossus

Lifer
Dec 2, 2000
She hasn't entirely left opera so it's not like she &quot;sold out&quot; as they say.

I have several of her CDs including Dive and Eden and her ALW work like Phantom and Cats. I like both her Opera and Pop stuff because she has such a great voice.

Wasn't her last album Fly? I only have MP3s of it, haven't gotten time to buy it in the store. It's got some good stuff on there.

Personal favorites from her:
Time To Say Goodbye
Eden
The Second Element
Phantom (anything)
You Take My Breath Away
Once In A Lifetime
La Mer
When It Rains In America

lyric

May 6, 2001
I actually have been listening to her a lot recently as well. I had her in my CD player for about 5 days and just took it out yesterday and switched over to Robert Miles. =D Yeah, I love Sarah. She has an amazing voice. My favorite album from her is definitely DIVE, but her Eden one isn't too bad. =)

Anyone see her in Phantom of the Opera?

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

Alright. I have some info contrary to yours. And I downloaded some of her non classical works and I actually enjoyed them. Here is the info:

Although she was educated at the Elmhurst Ballet school and the Royal College of Music, she in fact had an early career as a disco dancer/rock artist and went classical crossover after being cast as Jemima in &quot;Cats&quot; in 1981. She also appeared as backup dancer in a couple of videos in the late seventies.

&quot;Brightman began dancing at the age of three, and ten years later made her London theatrical debut in Charles Strouse's I and Albert. By 1976, she was a dancer on the television series Pan's People, and later led the pop group Hot Gossip, which in 1978 scored a U.K. number one hit with the single &quot;I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper.&quot; &quot;

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Naw, Once In A Lifetime by Sarah Brightman is beyond Pop. It's not a bad song though. Audiogalaxy it if you guys wanna find out for urselves.

frizzlefry

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Yeah, the only song I know of hers is Once in a Lifetime. Great song BTW. Kinda similar to Enigma and stuff. You can't consider that pop now can you????

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

<< I like her version of &quot;Dust In The Wind.&quot; >>

That is my favorite song. I like both Kansas and her rendition of it. I listen to both.

I also like her version of A Whiter Shade of Pale.