Anyone Here Have Shadow of Modor?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

childconqueror

Oct 14, 2014
www.facebook.com
AMD FX 6300 non-OC
G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3 1600
Fatal1ty 990fx
Palit Jetsteam GTX 670 2GB

All running fine at high textures, high ambient occ, vegetation.

Checked Afterburner, used 2040+MB VRAM, 99% GPU usage, 79°C gpu temp max

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
anyone here tried running on a 1440p monitor?
After much convincing of others here on the forum, i bought the game.

Specs are in my sig.
I run the game in border-less window with an in-game frame cap setting of max 60fps.(no v-sync... since there is no tearing in borderless window with the 60fps in-game cap on my rig)

At 1080p, you'll be able to crank everything at native 1080p rez and achieve a pretty solid 60fps with your rig in your sig....with some minor dips in the 50's. (yes, this is with the HD textures downloaded and enabled with a 4gb GPU)

At 2560x1440.
You'll get 50-60fps on map 1 & 45-60fps on map 2 with all in-game settings maxed at native 1440p rez. (ie: no downscaling/SSAA from a higher rez...like the game offers in the graphic options) (once again...yes, this is with the HD textures downloaded and enabled with a 4gb GPU)

So it comes down to whether you're the type that needs a game to be pegged at a constant 60fps or not.
Even if i use just high textures and no motion blur at all, my 1440p FPS is about the same, so I may be just CPU limited and/or GPU Vram limited at that point.
But to me , it's perfectly playable at 1440p with all in-game settings maxed (except downscaling / SSAA) on my rig. :thumbsup:

note: You may have noticed I said "in-game" settings a lot.
That is the performance without trying to use CCC or Radeon Pro to force any AA options.
The only time I noticed a lack of AA was when running the in-game benchmark.
When actually playing the game, I really didn't notice the lack of AA at all, and I noticed no real texture "crawling / shimmering" while actually playing the game (which is something i really HATE!).... So I didn't personally feel the game really needed any forced AA or tweaks outside the regular in-game settings @ 1440p.
And as far as x-fire support....forget it, it runs like crap in x-fire...hopefully AMD fixes that soon....otherwise it still plays just fine with a single 290 @ 1440p IMO as stated above.

Last edited: