anyone here have beos?Im looking for it

wellerdball

Banned
Sep 29, 2002
Ive been looking long and hard for beos professinal but i cant find it to download.I had it on some old scratched cd and threw it away but now im curious to use it on my newer system.

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Isn't professional the retail version? You can download BeOS Personal Edition, and there is also a BeOS Developers Version that is updated with the latest drivers (I believe). BeOS Developer Edition I wish BeOS would work on my laptop or vmware, it was fun to play around with. Oh well. :disgust:

wellerdball

Banned
Sep 29, 2002
well pro was retail but came with more apps and driver support i believe man im going to have to do alot of reading to see if the developers version is right for me.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i have a copy, but i don't know if i want to sell it
i have been meaning to put my beos box back together, i saved some cards, video, sound, network that work with it

spamsk8r

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2001
Or you can go to bebits and download the MAX edition, which is built from the personal edition but has patches and stuff so that it works with Athlon processors using SSE, as well as a gang of updated drivers like Radeon drivers. I never could use BeOS before because it didn't work unless i turned off SSE in the BIOS each time i wanted to use it, but now I can boot into it and play around and everything, its pretty cool.