Anyone here have a Ford Fusion?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Ford just needs to slap the 3.5l 268hp v6 into everything they have as quick as possible. That would solve my only real problem with their car line.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Ford just needs to slap the 3.5l 268hp v6 into everything they have as quick as possible. That would solve my only real problem with their car line.

Dont worry Fusion should get that by year end....

imported_Goo

Oct 4, 2005
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
As far as family sedans go,

Altima > Mazda6/Fusion (I consider both of these to be the same fricken car, it's just a matter of liking Mazda or Ford more...) > Accord > Tricycle > Camry

I drove a friends 04 Camry for a while (4-banger), it really is like riding around on a sofa. I hate the suspension, makes you feel so disconnected from the road and the car.

:heart: 07 Altima 3.5 SE

word.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: BornStar18
. . . I spend the majority of my time driving a V8 Aurora . . .

Hey--me too! Is it yours and what year? Those are awesome cars.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Manual trannys are fun but between eating snacks, drinking coffee, smoking cigs,
and adjusting the stereo, I'm a very busy man..I don't have time to be shifting as well!!

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Camry? Altima? These cars should never be mentioned as best at anything. If you want a nice family car you get a Honda, if you want a sporty car you go German.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Mermaidman

Mine is a 99 in pretty good shape. I've only got about 53k miles on it.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003

Ah, a Classic. Nice, and low miles too. I bought a 2003 last fall.

sirspotti

Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: mwmorph
I worked at a for dealership and I drove around a base 4 cylinder fusion for a while.

Very high decklid that made it very hard to see cars in the rear if you're short (5'7")
4 cylinder is quiet under 3000rpms but suddenly gets louder with throttle application above 300rpms. Very suprising because under 3000rps, it is very quiet and just purrs.
Sluggish with auto tranny
Interior plastics dull, very hard and decidedly low rent(comparable to the Focus plastics)

i own a 4 cyl fusion and this is a perfect description. the handling is pretty great though and i would definitely recommend it. the v6 version is a lot more satisfying to drive but the price was right on mine and it was too hard to pass up.

Jan 31, 2002

Ah, a Classic. Nice, and low miles too. I bought a 2003 last fall.

I'm actually strangely fond of the 1st-gen Auroras. :p

- M4H

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
I can't comment on the Fusion directly, but I can comment on the car it's based on. I have a 2006 Mazda6 hatch.

I've got the 3.0L V6 and a 5 speed manual tranny. I wanted the AWD turbo 4 Mazdaspeed6, but couldn't justify the extra money as there were no incentives on the Speed6 at the time.

With that said, I absolutely love my car. The 3.0L is underpowered on paper, but unless my driving skills are that much superior to everyone else on the road, my car hangs with just about anything short of a turbo car. I admit I get smoked by WRX's and SRT-4's. I do run with my brother's Jetta GLI (VR6) which is a very quick car.

The car drives great, handles great, and looks better than most "family" sedans.

The price was right too. I got it loaded (leather, heated seats, moonroof, HID headlights, Bose stereo, 6 disc changer, etc.) for $23.5k.