Anyone here filthy rich? How does it feel?

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Is anyone here filthy rich? If your parents are, and you live with them that counts too. By filthy rich I mean $5 Million/Year income, $50 Million invested, crazy huge house up in Beverly Hills or Bellaire, every brand of luxury car in the garage arranged by year, and what not. That must feel good, especially if your dad is filthy rich, and you are just going to lavish yourself in his wealth.

"Not yet but soon" doesn't count.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I don't think they'd be posting here if they were filthy rich. I picture a filthy rich person out getting a tan, or something similar to those "rich girls" on mtv.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
I don't think they'd be posting here if they were filthy rich. I picture a filthy rich person out getting a tan, or something similar to those "rich girls" on mtv.

There's a forum I visit, some 19 year old kid over there just bought a Modena. He posted pics, and was confirmed to be true by other members. His dad owns a CRAZY mansion in Cali, looked like the one in Scarface or Vice City. All he does the whole day is post nonsense and "Would you hit it" posts.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

There's a forum I visit, some 19 year old kid over there just bought a Modena. He posted pics, and was confirmed to be true by other members. His dad owns a CRAZY mansion in Cali, looked like the one in Scarface or Vice City. All he does the whole day is post nonsense and "Would you hit it" posts.

sounds like some of the members here (the I would hit it part)

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'm not, but I have friends who are (older friends). One family in particular is a complete rags to riches story, where their business idea took off. They've always been extremely generous, but after losing their only child and daughter at 16 years of age, they became even more so:

Two summers ago, the mother flew six of her daughter's best friends and a few of their friends (myself included) to arguably the nicest hotel in Western Europe located in Bellagio, Italy on Lake Como. (Part of Star Wars: EPII was filmed there.) Days were spent by the pool, massages given, more acohol, ice cream, and food than I could imagine, private boat and limo transportation at all times. It was a simply magical week.

The family lives in a beautiful home near Berkely, CA. The foundation set up in memory of their daughter supports all sorts charities and noble causes.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
It doesn't feel good. My parents replace their love and affection with material possession.

All I want is love damnit! I don't care about the Ferrari!

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001

Link? I'd like to see it and weep... :(

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: boyRacer

Ditto!

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: boyRacer

Ditto!

Rule #1 of that forum is "Don't talk about that forum". You won't be able to view the forums, you have to be registered which means paying for it.

If you guys just want to weep, you can head over to http://www.6speedonline.com and check out their Porsche forums. They have a huge pic thread in there, and it shows some amazing cars posters on that forum own.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
<----Posting from his Gulfstream G550 from somewhere over the Atlantic ocean.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I could potentially be called wealthy if I lived in some place who's human/car ratio results in a divide by 0 error.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Two years ago I made six figures. Then I got laid off and I spent most of my savings struggling through a year of unemployment. I had to make huge sacrifices such as letting the maid go (yes, I had someone clean my condo once a week) and stopped eating at restaurants 5-6 times a week. And all my laundry cleaned by someone else (no more).

Yeah, I miss those days.
:(

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Feels like hitting yourself on the head...

At one point my friend had stock options worth over $10 million. He and his wife worked at two different tech companys in Silicon Valley during the dot com boom. They both had tens of thousands of shares of stock options from their companys. Unfortunately my friend was too greedy, he refused to pay taxes to cash in the stocks at the time, he held on to the stocks hoping to make more. Then came the dot com bust... Now the company he worked for is no more, and the stocks his wife got is worth 1/500 the peak value.

xxAgentCowxx

Jan 26, 2003
Id imagine it would feel like the vibrations of a rear-mounted V8 thru the leather seats of a candy apple red italian sports car :)

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
i am not rich, and no one in my family is.. most of us would rather live your average lifestyle.. i don't put enough effort into anything that i'll ever be rich, and i don't really care that much. i just wanna be comfortable.