Anyone here ever tried Pisco?

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
On her way home from Antarctica, my wife picked some up in Chile. I didn't like it straight up but Pisco sours are good.

ngvepforever2

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Feldenak
On her way home from Antarctica, my wife picked some up in Chile. I didn't like it straight up but Pisco sours are good.

Pisco Sours are awesome.

I have to mention though that real pisco comes from Peru :cool:

ng

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Hm..interesting.

Mixed drinks using pisco are the reason for my inquiry. There is talk of a few of us going to a Peruvian restaurant and you are supposed to bring your own bottle so they can make drinks for you.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ngvepforever2

Pisco Sours are awesome.

I have to mention though that real pisco comes from Peru :cool:

ng

Hell, I wouldn't know. :)

I do know I'd like to visit Chile.

KMc

Golden Member
Jan 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Jhill
I had some from Chili. It's basically sweet tequila. I liked it.
?

Pisco is distilled from fermented grapes, like a brandy. Tequila is distilled from the Agave plant, so uhhh, not really similar at all.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
it seems ther is another drink they mix with it as well. kinda looked like a chai latte sorta thing (saw this on TV, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the sour)

I'm going for both ;)

apparently the Peruvian is ~$20 more then the Chilean version.

Both nations claim Pisco as their national beverage, and it seems that they like to start minor wars over this...

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Had a pisco sour at the local upscale spanish restaurant. It has frothed egg whites in it. It was ok... nothing special.

jwells777

Feb 18, 2001
I have had pisco sour made with pisco from Chile. Mixed correctly, it is an amazingly good drink.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I have a good friend that is Bolivian and they had that stuff at their house. All I remember about it that it was pretty potent.

ngvepforever2

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by: zinfamous
it seems ther is another drink they mix with it as well. kinda looked like a chai latte sorta thing (saw this on TV, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the sour)

I'm going for both ;)

Both nations claim Pisco as their national beverage, and it seems that they like to start minor wars over this...

All peruvian wars are minor :D

However as you can see in wikipedia , Peru had it first. :wine:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: ngvepforever2
Originally posted by: zinfamous

I'm going for both ;)

All peruvian wars are minor :D

However as you can see in wikipedia , Peru had it first. :wine:

i love how the neutrality of that entry is disputed :)