Anyone here ever take the Airtrain to JFK Airport?

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
I'm taking the Airtrain very early tomorrow morning from the Jamaica station. Anyone know if it runs often? Anyone know if it's located right by the LIRR train stations in Jamaica?

puffff

Platinum Member
Jun 25, 2004
there should be one every 10-15 minutes or so. if you take the LIRR and get off at jamaica, there are lots of signs telling you where the airtrain is. you cant miss it.

bondboy

Apr 2, 2005
Text
There is an in-station link to the AirTrain platform ? AirTrain travels to the airport from Jamaica every 4 to 10 minutes. The AirTrain ride takes about 12 minutes. The AirTrain is connected to the Railroad's hub by escalators, elevators, people movers and an overhead mezzanine bridge.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
You can see the station when you get off the LIRR and shouldn't have to wait too long even if they run one train at that hour (20 minutes to make the round trip).

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
The airtrain itself runs fine. JFK, however, is another story. Expect to be sitting on the runway until approximately Wednesday.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: bigrash
I'm taking the Airtrain very early tomorrow morning from the Jamaica station. Anyone know if it runs often? Anyone know if it's located right by the LIRR train stations in Jamaica?
I've had nothing but problems taking the Airtran between terminals. One night it was so busted, I kept having to get off at different terminals just to get back on again (it wasn't running in both directions on all sections of the track because of construction/problems or whatever.) It literally took me 50 minutes to get from the terminal to where it connects to the commuter trains. It was so bad, I wanted to just give up, leave the terminal and take a taxi to the train.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
sweet, thanks for the help guys. Normally I just take a cab, but fighured I try the Airtrain this time.

Dessert Tears

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2005
I've ridden it several times, usually in the morning, but once around 1am during the second day of the transit strike (I caught the last LIRR train and sat in the airport for 3 hours). I haven't had any problems. As others have posted, you can't miss it. It's right there, and there are plenty of signs.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Works well - costs $5. If you're flying from JFK airtrain the last of your worries. Last time we were sitting for 90 minutes on the runway because it was "busy"