anyone here ever bought knockoff sunglasses?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I need some new glasses but I don't want to get a good pair, but I like the styles of some of the nicer brands. I don't want to spend a lot on real ones because I lose glasses a lot. this way i won't care if i lose them if they aren't expensive heh.

but anyways, if you google knockoff sunglasses you get a bunch of websites that specialize in this. i was wondering if anyone here has bought any from any of those types of sites and if so, which site, and how were the glasses?

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Cheapest pair I ever bought was around $40. Its worth it to buy a decent pair and try your best to take care of them. The best cheap brand I have used it anarchy (get the polarized).

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii
If you spent like $200+ on a pair of sunglasses, you won't misplace them.

Even $100... I havent lost a good pair of shades in almost 10 years.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005

This is very true. I used to lose sunglasses all the time until I bought an $80 pair of good polarized ones. I've had those for about 4-5 years now.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

heh yea that's the same thing my fiancee told me.

but then i point out how she "lost" 1 of her 3 good pairs (which was $180) but she swears someone stole it out of our apartment.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001

Not true...I'm an idiot when it comes to sunglasses, I always lose them. In the past 3 months I've lost a good pair of Ray Bans and Ralph Lauren aviators. That last pair really hurt...did not make for a happy day.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005

I paid for mine out of my pocket, not insurance, and after a year, they still don't have a single scratch on them yet. Meanwhile, insurance provided glasses are bent and scratched up. Also, I rarely wear them on my head so I don't drop, grease and break them.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: EvilYoda

Not true...I'm an idiot when it comes to sunglasses, I always lose them. In the past 3 months I've lost a good pair of Ray Bans and Ralph Lauren aviators. That last pair really hurt...did not make for a happy day.

Problem found.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
I buy the knockoffs at the mall for like $10 bucks. I wish I could spend $200 on sunglasses but I'd break them or lose them easily.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

the break just as easy though.

Maui Jim has a great warranty (life with free replacement)....

I still buy cheaper pairs usually at a boat show because mine will fall into the ocean, get fucked up. I don't want to wait to send in a pair and chances are I have moved to a different style desire by that time anyway.

My last pair just broke at the temple yesterday. I am trying to figure out what I want next.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: buck
Cheapest pair I ever bought was around $40. Its worth it to buy a decent pair and try your best to take care of them. The best cheap brand I have used it anarchy (get the polarized).

polarized aren't for everyone. Many screens will not show up with polarized lenses.