anyone hear that bose acoustic wave thing?

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
yunno the small thing they have in the infomercial (theres one one right now)

so do they really sound as good as they say it is?

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I highly doubt it sounds as good as they say. Most Bose speakers aound like crap.

goldboyd

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
nope they sound like crap. my buddy had a bose ht setup using the real small speakers (forgot the exact model, but it was like 2g for the 5.1) and it sounded terrible, he returned it within a week

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999
I worked on a couple once...for a "tabletop" radio it was pretty impressive

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
goldboyd - I think he means the WAVE RADIO, not the mini speakers.

My neighbor upstairs has the wave radio and it is fricking AMAZING. I thought it was all hype and stuff but it makes even normal radio sound fantastic! I still wouldn't buy one because I'm not a huge stickler on sound quality but if you need a good radio, look no further.

bugsysiegel

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2001
I got one for my parents last Christmas. My Uncle has one that soounds great, but the one I got my parents doesn't sound as good. Might just be the setting. Still, it's pretty impressive for it's size!

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
My friend has it as an alarm clock and it does sound pretty good. He hooks up is discman to it. But the sound is in no way as good as a full entertainment setup like they say in the commercials.

bmd

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
It does sound pretty darn good, but it can't compete w/ a real home theater setup.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Went to one of their demos once with a buddy. The sound was unreal for a small table top radio. Once thay gave the price the sound wan't so unreal - just the price.