Anyone have the V60 Motorola cell phone?

Linia

Feb 6, 2002
Could anyone tell me if these things are normal or I just got a faulty phone ? :

1-When im in a call and hit a number (such as the call says "press 1 for customer service") and i press a number, instead of the short number sound it sounds like im holding it down for an extra 2 or 3 seconds, kind of anoyying.

2-My battery will say full on the little battery indicator in the upper right corner, yet when i plug it in it shows only one bar (isntead of 3 which equals full)

3-While charging if i use the phone instead while its plugged in it actual drains battery life instead of staying the same or charging it

4-When i turn on the animation feature, and then i select items from the menu it flashes 3 times real quick before selecting it(not visually appealing to me) is this what turning animation on does?

Theres a few other problems I'm having with it that I cant think of at the moment and was just wondering if this is normal, so if anyone with a phone could check id appreciate it :)

And any reviews on this phone? So far I'm not to happy with it.. the reception is good but the volume only goes up to 7, and that doesnt seem to loud, and my hearing from my understanding is perfectly fine.

I still have 10 more days to return it and am thinking about returning it and getting a different phone. Suggestions apprecatied.

:)

yOyOYoo

Mar 21, 2001
1. I notice the delay in response to entering in a number and yes it is very annoying. For example, when checking your voicemail, you press the number keys, then you hear a short delay before the number actually is accepted.

2. I have the same thing. I don't think of it as a problem though, just seems a little strange that it will start charging from 1 bar. One thing I hate about this thing is that the battery indicator is only divided into 3 parts. Even if you click on Settings -> Phone Status -> Battery Meter, it divides up the battery meter into 6 sections, but if you will notice, the phone only records battery life in thirds. You can never get a good indication of exactly how much battery life you have, only how much of 3/3 battery you have.

3. I've only noticed this problem once, so I can't really comment on this part.

4. I think that really is all that animation does, the flashes when you select something. yes it is very lame.

5. I hate the volume, it always seems like it isn't loud enough, makes me feel like i'm deaf or something. Never noticed this volume problem with my nokia 8290.

6. The back lighting seems kinda dim and hard to read, but that's just my opinion.

7. This phone is difficult to use for one-handed operation in opening the phone. The startacs are much easier to flip open one handedly.

I think these are all the complaints I have too. Good luck with your phone!

kLezViruS

May 15, 2002
i dont have one, but you should put if its for AT&T or Cingular / Voicestream.

I know the Voicestream phones are slower in accessing the phone book etc...

Linia

Feb 6, 2002
Its from ATT
And thank you for answering my questions yoyoyoo , i really appreciate it :)