Anyone Have The Sennheiser G4ME Zero/G4ME One or Both?

Cassius101

Aug 29, 2013
I am going to buy a new headset but I don't know which one to get. I know the G4ME Zero is lower on bass but it supposedly has more clarity so it is better for gaming. The G4ME One is an open headset but I don't mind sound bleed out since I won't be around anyone when I play games. My main issue is the G4ME Zero is so much more expensive where I live, the G4ME One is 210$ CAD and the G4ME Zero is 270$ CAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Tlwfdu2yI A review of the G4ME One.

This youtuber claims he can't hear any difference between the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoUcoQhMeI

I am probably gonna buy the G4ME One, might buy the Zero in the future because I wanna see if there is a difference for myself.

One concern I have with the G4ME One, is the sound good on maximum volume? I enjoy having loud volume while gaming, doesn't it become more distorted at loud volume due to the loud bass?

My other concern with the G4ME One is has anyone had an issue with people hearing your gameplay? When you are using the microphone to talk and having the headset on maximum/almost maximum volume.

The main multiplayer games I currently play are 3 on Xbox One, 1 on PS4 and 2 on PC so I will be using it for console gaming.

Last edited:

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I have the game one, I don't turn it deafeningly loud, but it sounds great to me at a pretty high volume level.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Another option to consider unless you HAVE to have a headset is get the HD 598 (or M50x if you want closed) and then a good USB mic (I went ATR-2500-USB, coworker swears by his Blue Yeti but it's 2x as much). That's what I did and after my coworkers heard those headphones I think 3 or 4 of them now have the same headphones. They're that good. In the end you end up with better headphones and a better microphone. Only catch is I don't know how the game consoles would handle a USB mic - I just play PC games.

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
Another option to consider unless you HAVE to have a headset is get the HD 598 (or M50x if you want closed) and then a good USB mic (I went ATR-2500-USB, coworker swears by his Blue Yeti but it's 2x as much). That's what I did and after my coworkers heard those headphones I think 3 or 4 of them now have the same headphones. They're that good. In the end you end up with better headphones and a better microphone. Only catch is I don't know how the game consoles would handle a USB mic - I just play PC games.

Even cheaper you could get a pair of 558's and take the plastic piece out of them to mod them into near 598's

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I have the Sennheiser PC360 and I will say that the open design does not interfere with the microphone at all.