Anyone have the fake Trump shooting his enemies video?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
From what I saw, the video isn't out of the new normal for depicting violence and hatred against people you dislike. With that said, I think there isn't a valid need for that video and it isn't appropriate.

You make a good point and overall I agree with you here. The original clip exists, and it is already thoroughly violent. This means that we have collectively accepted this content, on its own (hyper absurd violent murder) as an acceptable means of entertainment and, perhaps, a useful means of dealing with our own personal difficulties.

....but that is that. I think this altered clip, on its own, could easily just be some doofuses having fun in their own insular safe space. NBD. ...but it isn't that. It was actually endorsed by POTUS. This is the POTUS saying this is OK. No one endorsed Kathy Griffin. Not once. She was never praised by any figure of authority. Many people defended her rights to criticize and make public displays, which is very appropriate and very American. Completely normal.

and that is one thing. So Trump Endorsing this already puts this on another level, incomparable to normal forms of questionable free speech. Here's the other thing: we've got a stable of full-blown Trump supporters that have committed mass violence and murder on Trump's behalf already. This is actually what they are doing in the real world. And many more of them are actively threatening many more people--especially the targets displayed in this video: journalists, liberals, democratic politicians. This is what Trump supporters are doing: murdering political opponents and constitutionally necessary and essential outlets (the Media).

This isn't hyperbole. These are the true, unambiguous facts that we all know and accept. Trump supporters have been and continue to murder people out there, on our streets, as they freely admit: Trump needs them to do it. And this Trump asking them to keep on murdering.

That's the problem. It is wholly unrelated to anything else. This isn't, in any way, a "many sides issue." This is the POTUS endorsing the continued, established behavior of his zealots to continue murdering others on his behalf.

So the real question: what do you think it will honestly take to prevent Trump supporters from committing more and more murders in this country, as you fully know that they are doing? What is the next step?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
From what I saw, the video isn't out of the new normal for depicting violence and hatred against people you dislike. With that said, I think there isn't a valid need for that video and it isn't appropriate.
The "new normal" of violent hate-filled Trumpers endorsing violence and hatred against people they dislike and then acting out that violence and hatred. While, of course, constantly making up apologetic stories and fantastical conspiracy theories to justify and attempt to avoid accountability for their violence and hatred.

bc9bd21c0de9187f2ec921be12735af2.jpg
ddca674a45bccd16ee26e87c33de812e.jpg

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You make a good point and overall I agree with you here. The original clip exists, and it is already thoroughly violent. This means that we have collectively accepted this content, on its own (hyper absurd violent murder) as an acceptable means of entertainment and, perhaps, a useful means of dealing with our own personal difficulties.

....but that is that. I think this altered clip, on its own, could easily just be some doofuses having fun in their own insular safe space. NBD. ...but it isn't that. It was actually endorsed by POTUS. This is the POTUS saying this is OK. No one endorsed Kathy Griffin. Not once. She was never praised by any figure of authority. Many people defended her rights to criticize and make public displays, which is very appropriate and very American. Completely normal.

and that is one thing. So Trump Endorsing this already puts this on another level, incomparable to normal forms of questionable free speech. Here's the other thing: we've got a stable of full-blown Trump supporters that have committed mass violence and murder on Trump's behalf already. This is actually what they are doing in the real world. And many more of them are actively threatening many more people--especially the targets displayed in this video: journalists, liberals, democratic politicians. This is what Trump supporters are doing: murdering political opponents and constitutionally necessary and essential outlets (the Media).

This isn't hyperbole. These are the true, unambiguous facts that we all know and accept. Trump supporters have been and continue to murder people out there, on our streets, as they freely admit: Trump needs them to do it. And this Trump asking them to keep on murdering.

That's the problem. It is wholly unrelated to anything else. This isn't, in any way, a "many sides issue." This is the POTUS endorsing the continued, established behavior of his zealots to continue murdering others on his behalf.

So the real question: what do you think it will honestly take to prevent Trump supporters from committing more and more murders in this country, as you fully know that they are doing? What is the next step?
I doubt you'll get an honest answer to this. Trumpers, generally speaking, tend to ignore any facts that run counter to their emotions, which includes how their perpetually escalating rhetoric is leading to violence. So your question will be brushed as whatever is necessary to combat the evil and dire threat of the 'Progressivehiks,' aka the people who say things they disagree with.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
The "new normal" of violent hate-filled Trumpers endorsing violence and hatred against people they dislike and then acting out that violence and hatred. While, of course, constantly making up apologetic stories and fantastical conspiracy theories to justify and attempt to avoid accountability for their violence and hatred.

bc9bd21c0de9187f2ec921be12735af2.jpg
ddca674a45bccd16ee26e87c33de812e.jpg

I love this game of showing violent actions against groups of people you hate.

00003644671250-0726.jpg

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

I haven't seen an endorsement from Trump on this video.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I love this game of showing violent actions against groups of people you hate.

View attachment 12106
Of course you love it. You support the violence as long it perpetuates the division, which is why you think any violence from the left justifies even worse violence from the right. And hey, especially when some of those free speech-hating Progressivehiks are getting killed for speaking things you disagree with, right?