Anyone have experience with those all-inclusive vacation resort deals?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
My gf and I plan on taking a trip in April to Mexico. I've never left the country, except for a cruise (which doesnt count.) We're gonna do one of those all-inclusive resort trips.

We've found some pretty good deals. Anyone have any experience with these all-inclusive packages (flight, hotel, food, drinks, alcohol, tips.) How much extra cash should you bring?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Bring extra cash for tipping. More if you plan on venturing outside of the resort.

Best thing is to go read up reviews on the hotels you are considering. They'll give you an idea of the quality of the resort and the activities they offer (some may cost extra money).

That said, my wife and I honeymooned at an all-inclusive resort on St. John's and had a blast. Great to be able to get as much food and drink as you want without having to worry about carrying around your wallet.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I love them. Try to spend a little extra on the hotel so you can get whatever you want to drink (any spirit/wine/beer you want).

Bring tons of ones for tipping. Personally I don't feel right without a lot of cash when vacationing just in case.

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
be careful what you eat and drink..you could end up green and Queasy :Q

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
The packages say tips and gratuaities are included.

doesn't matter. you'll get extra special service if you tip.

For example, the bar can be completely packed and crowded but the bartender should recognize you and make your drink without you having to wait.