Anyone have any experience with Tekserve in New York City?

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
If so, do they offer same day walk-in walk-out repairs on PowerBook's? I have an AppleCare issue that needs repair, and I really don't have the option to send it in to Apple because I do all my work on my laptop, and Apple gave me their name to call, but being Sunday, no one was there that could answer me. Also, does anyone have any experience with Alliance Computer Systems in Freeport or Wantaugh, if so do they offer same day walk-in walk-out repairs on PowerBook's? I couldn't call them today because they were closed. Thanks in advance,

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: m2kewl
take it to the SOHO apple store.
I have an apple store closer to me than that, but apple stores don't do in store repairs. They just send the unit to the Apple repair center for service, and this is what I am trying to avoid. Apple authorized repair centers actually do repairs as long as it isn't serious enough to warrant sending it into Apple. I am just trying to find out if Tekserve and Alliance Computers actually do service, or just send it in to Apple.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001

tekserve does service. there is one on 23rd btw 6th and 7th in nyc. my friend took her dual g4 there to get another hdd added once.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: m2kewl
tekserve does service. there is one on 23rd btw 6th and 7th in nyc. my friend took her dual g4 there to get another hdd added once.
Do you know if it is walk-in walk-out same day? If I could find out if they do this on PowerBook's, I will be supremely happy.