anyone have a kenmore/frigidaire stackable washer/dryer combo?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
the landlord just gave me a new combo unit, its kenmore made by frigidaire. I cant get the thing to start washing...anyone know the trick?

it has power, and the dryer will run, so I know its working ok. I just dont know how to use the dagblasted thing

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
yeah...everything is hooked up...

and I cant RTFM, because I didnt get one

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
OK, is there a switch that says Washer/Dryer? You know, like the vacuum/smell sprayer thingee at the car wash?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Push/pull the dial that allows you to select what type of wash cycle you want? That's how my washer works.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Push/pull the dial that allows you to select what type of wash cycle you want? That's how my washer works.

I tried that...it wont start up no matter what kind of cycle I chose

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
That would be waaaay to simple. If he hasn't tried that yet....well....he needs his rights to clean clothes taken away.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke
That would be waaaay to simple. If he hasn't tried that yet....well....he needs his rights to clean clothes taken away.
"I'm sorry sir, but the common-sense police have deemed you unworthy of even owning clothing. Here's your loincloth. We'll be back in a month to see if you've made any progress."

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Make sure the detergent "drawer" is in all the way. there is a slide-lock type thingy underneath/on the bottom that you have to slide to get the drawer to close all the way. Will not start if it's not closed all the way.

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Where did you put the detergent in? there is a small (maybe 4" wide?) drawer like thing on the front by the switches where you put the detergent/softener/bleach in.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
nope...this is the combo unit...its not a front loader

I think the guys put the knob on wrong, so I dont know what cycle I am actually setting it to...grrrrrr

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
"I'm sorry sir, but the common-sense police have deemed you unworthy of even owning clothing. Here's your loincloth. We'll be back in a month to see if you've made any progress."

Wahahahaha!!! That's classic. Sig material. See below. :cool:

Rudeguy, you get it working yet?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
nope...just talked to the maintenance guy, he will be up here shortly to put the knob on the right way

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Bump. We wanna know if you will have clean clothes tomorrow. If not, don't come near us. :D

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
heres the update. Washer is busted. I have to wait to get a new one.

time since last load of laundry was done:

2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours

I am out of underwear damn it!!!!!

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Turn em inside out and wear them again < -----Never done this and I don't plan to

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
COMMANDO TIME!!!!!

:disgust:

ok folks...day one of commando and I still dont have a new washer....I only have 2 days worth of socks left, and not many pairs of pants....I might end up like Fausto, wearing just a thong