Anyone have a creative way to figure out what my IP is?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Damn cable internet and dynamic IP addresses :(

Well my IP seems to have changed and I never set back up a dynamic IP updater after I flashed my routers firmware.

Does anyone have any other way to possibly determine what my IP address is without being able to access any pc's on my network?

I'm at work and trying to connect to my home network.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: purbeast0
are you on irc at home?

No ones home and the only thing I have thats accessible from the outside is my FTP and HTTP sites, well if I knew what the IP was that is.

I just wanna update my zoneedit info with the new IP.

I can do it when I get home of course but was wondering if there is a way to do it now.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: lokiju
are you on irc at home?

No ones home and the only thing I have thats accessible from the outside is my FTP and HTTP sites, well if I knew what the IP was that is.

I can do it when I get home of course but was wondering if there is a way to do it now.

heh i was asking if you are connected to IRC at home, but by your response, I figure you aren't :p

i'm connected on irc at home and work pretty much 24/7 heh.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Guess I can add to this that it's a Comcast connection. Does anyone know if theres somewhere in my account on their site to see what my current IP is?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
are you on irc at home?

heh i was asking if you are connected to IRC at home, but by your response, I figure you aren't :p

i'm connected on irc at home and work pretty much 24/7 heh.

Oh, nope. Never really use any sort of IM except for when I'm at work.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Guess I can add to this that it's a Comcast connection. Does anyone know if theres somewhere in my account on their site to see what my current IP is?

Pick up the phone and call them?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07

Pick up the phone and call them?

Piff.

Thats old school man.

Really though, not like it's a big pressing thing, more curious than anything.

Besides, by the time someone picked up the phone over at Comcast, I'd be home already :p

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: RichUK
Unless you?ve registered with a ddns service provider it?s impossible without contacting your ISP.

dyndns is a free service provider I believe

I use zoneedit for my dymanic IP service (well was) but flashed the firmware on my router and never set it back up.

I was really just curious if there was some lesser known way of determining what it is that I've never heard of but seeing as how I'll be leaving to head home in 30 mins, I'll just fix it then.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
messenger service on at home? do a direct connect (send file) and check your netstat

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
on my wrt54g I flashed to an aftermarket firmware and have an option to put in my dyndns address. it automatically updates so I have a DNS whenever I need it. great for my FTP.

to answer your question... "i dunno"