Anyone got a radeon 9000 pci ?

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
I am getting a shuttle sv25 for watching divx's on my tv, as its only got onboard graphics I am considering a pci video card. The 9000pci seems the best choice at the moment, has anyone got one?

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Nope, still waiting for them to hit the market. At power-color.com, I got the number to their CA office. Called them ealier today, and was told they expect to have it in early October. You can leave your e-mail addy with them, and they say they will contact you when they arrive.

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
I am uk and current date for shipping is 11th of october, but it seems quite expensive (115 ukpounds), but compared to the geforce4mx it looks a better performer.

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Well I went ahead and ordered one, I am going to be cpu limited (1ghz celeron) but as its going to be used on the tv only it shouldnt be to bad. For modding I have a 5inch lcd to go in the front and a touchpad mouse to be fitted into the top. I have to use the onboard sound as I only have 1 pci slot but i might get an extigy later on.

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Mingon
Well I went ahead and ordered one, I am going to be cpu limited (1ghz celeron) but as its going to be used on the tv only it shouldnt be to bad. For modding I have a 5inch lcd to go in the front and a touchpad mouse to be fitted into the top. I have to use the onboard sound as I only have 1 pci slot but i might get an extigy later on.

i heard bad things about the extigy and how it wasnt really an external audigy. i would do some research if i were u. :)

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Yeah but I only have 1 PCI slot which the ati card (my first since a rage pro) will go. Unless their is any other alternative then the extigy is the only alternative to the onboard ac97.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
it seems quite expensive (115 ukpounds)

Holy crap! I ran that figure through an exchange rate calculator and it comes up to about $179 U.S. dollars. I hope to heck it's not that expensive when it gets here. I guess my interest will be inversely proportional to how much it costs. If it's much higher than $100, it will have to wait. BTW, let us know how you like it when it comes.