Anyone get their DS Lite fixed? My hinge cracked...

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Has anyone here been successful in contacting Nintendo about getting their cracked hinges fixed? I have been playing FF3 a bit lately, and wouldn't you know it, the damn hinge cracked in half.

I am extremely crazy about keeping my items in extremely good condition, and my DS is flawless in every single way, and the crack is really irking me.

Every time I call Nintendo support, they tell me that there is too much call volume, and it won't connect me to customer service. I emailed their support which resulted in a generic email pointing to their website claiming that I have to pay for repairs.

Has anyone had any luck sending their DS back to them???

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Broken hinge?

So far I haven't had any issues, I take very good care of mine also.

:knocks on wood;

KillerAngel

Mar 24, 2001
You should have no problem once you actually talk to somebody. It would pick Wii launch week to crack on you, heh.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
the kid next door called because his cracked. they told him since it still works and closes as it should they would not do anything about it.

the crack is only cosmetic so they wont do anything.

i thought that was BS but nor suprised.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy
the kid next door called because his cracked. they told him since it still works and closes as it should they would not do anything about it.

the crack is only cosmetic so they wont do anything.

i thought that was BS but nor suprised.

Absolutely no way I am going to let them get away with this. What made me angrier is that the phone line recommends purchasing a Nintendo power subscription to get more troubleshooting tips.

I've been trying since last week Friday to get a human on the phone. They always seem to have a high call volume when I call. I might have to make this an issue with the BBB. :(

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: eakers
depending on where you bought it, they may exchange it for you

I bought it in Best Buy, but I don't have the receipt anymore. I did register it with Nintendo a little while back. I have 2 DS Lites and a few games registered through them.