Anyone get in the hellgate london alpha?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i did, woot! :D

that's all i can cause of an NDA. and i don't intend to break it, either :p

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: homercles337
How did you get in? That would be sweet. I have been waiting for this game for a *long* time.

http://alpha.hellgatelondon.com/

i think someone posted that you could sign up in another thread. either that, or i saw it on shacknews. i did just for the hell of it, and thought nothing of it... till i saw that glorious email :D

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Neat. I signed up just now, guess we'll see if I ever get in.

I am quite excited about the game!

icyxwindz

Jul 24, 2002
cool, signed up. although i'm not soooo excited about this game after what i read, i think last month about it. how they have the pay "elite" members and "regular" non paying customers. i guess it's a way to advertise free online play, but when some 8yr old kid pwns you in every way just cause he pays in a little stupid.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: GenHoth
Is it any good?

can't say - NDA.

the NDA basically only allows me to ask who else is in the alpha. that being said, if anyone IS currently in it or is accepted later, shoot me a PM so we can play!

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
One of my friends got in it and told me a few things. Supposedly he's a summoner of some sort and has a pack of imps and a hellhound as pets.

Edit: he compared it to a cross between WoW and Diablo, which I think we all knew it would be like.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Sraaz
One of my friends got in it and told me a few things. Supposedly he's a summoner of some sort and has a pack of imps and a hellhound as pets.

Edit: he compared it to a cross between WoW and Diablo, which I think we all knew it would be like.

yeah there's a fair amount of general information that's publicly available.

hellgateguru.com has a lot of resources :)

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Infoz :p :

combat for me is easy, my imps and my helldog autoattack things, and I shoot my fire guns pew pew

you can dual wield, left click is left hand fire, right is right, etc

items are same as diablo, random drops, some unidentified

instead of sockets you have "relics", but the "relics" are way better than the jewels

my fire pistols are funny, they shoot dart bombs that do splash damage. so i fire, they land, and then 2 seconds later explode

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I watched the GC 2007 demos here and wasn't impressed. It's choppy in the second video as well.

The guy presenting it is awful, to the point of hilarity cos he ends up talking utter bollocks most of the time and seems to have no idea of what he's doing. Some of his gems:

"So... You can see right here it is doing 51...is kind of our, our... DPS-type meter. It's not really DPS, but it's a...it's a, it's a more really like simple generalized number."

"Um, but if I was down here and um and having problems like I could-- I could really focus on... on running and... and activating as many defence turrets as possible. Ummm and then-- kinda luring in. The demons... Uhh? To fight?...me where there's more of those defensive turrets that have been activated so I can get some additional fire power.....
Um...Is kinda the idea behind it?"

"So the inhibitor bots-- not doing TOO much now. I think what's really nice about them too though is-- you'll see they fire that... they kinda fire this BEAM out. To inhibit. Like that."

:confused::laugh:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
I watched the GC 2007 demos here and wasn't impressed. It's choppy in the second video as well.

The guy presenting it is awful, to the point of hilarity cos he ends up talking utter bollocks most of the time and seems to have no idea of what he's doing. Some of his gems:

"So... You can see right here it is doing 51...is kind of our, our... DPS-type meter. It's not really DPS, but it's a...it's a, it's a more really like simple generalized number."

"Um, but if I was down here and um and having problems like I could-- I could really focus on... on running and... and activating as many defence turrets as possible. Ummm and then-- kinda luring in. The demons... Uhh? To fight?...me where there's more of those defensive turrets that have been activated so I can get some additional fire power.....
Um...Is kinda the idea behind it?"

"So the inhibitor bots-- not doing TOO much now. I think what's really nice about them too though is-- you'll see they fire that... they kinda fire this BEAM out. To inhibit. Like that."

:confused::laugh:

so basically, the guy pulled a "miss tee usa south carolina"? :laugh:

just watched it.. that's bill roper talking. poor bill :p

the big number though *does* simplify comparing items for newbies, though.

robr

Jun 13, 2004
I'm in as well, been playing the past 3-4 weeks. The way I got in was by being an active alpha tester for Mythos. Many Mythos testers were invited to become HGL testers.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: robr
I'm in as well, been playing the past 3-4 weeks. The way I got in was by being an active alpha tester for Mythos. Many Mythos testers were invited to become HGL testers.

ah very cool. want to play sometime?

robr

Jun 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: robr

ah very cool. want to play sometime?

answered with my schedule via email.