Anyone found anything you'd completely forgotten about in your lockdown house cleaning?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Seems everyone during the lockdown did some amount of house cleaning. Know we did.

The question is: Did you find anything you'd completely forgotten you owned?

Myself.....found a few things. Notably, a Shimano Ultegra 10s double crankset...brand new, never used it.

Also found a jigsaw puzzle that Microsoft put out as a promo for the Win 7 release. Puzzle is of the Microsoft Flying Turtle that was previously used as a wallpaper in Vista. Never figured out how a Vista wallpaper became a promo for Win 7.

What'd you find?

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I found an old copy of PC Gamer. It was the one that had the Crysis review.

In retrospect: Did Crysis deserve a 98% score? That's pretty high.

Other reviews:

Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance 92%
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. 84%
NWN: Mask of the betrayer 84%
NHL 08 35% (lol)
Clive Barker's Jericho 57%
CoH: Opposing Fronts 96% (wow)

Three games over 92% is pretty impressive.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Haven't done a ton of cleaning, however did discover that the missing storm windows in my house were stored in the attic (broken) and discovered some various cat5 and speaker wiring that had been done at some point that made my life a little easier.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Found 9 bee swarms, My bee yard has gotten bigger and in the process of building new equipment and chasing them lost 15 pounds.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Not during my cleanup, but grabbing some stuff from my folks home because they're moving out, grabbed a bunch of baseball cards and found an N64 with 4 controllers and a bunch of games. Will fire that up this weekend probably.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
twitter.com
I found my lumber for my deck build this year. Most of the snow is gone now and I forgot it was even there! Bought it last year then never got a chance to actually build it. Hopefully it won't be too warped.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
You know, you are allowed to go outside and get some exercise.
Push aways, not enough push aways. :oops: The kid has been home from college since min March. The wife feels the need to cook every night and provide snacks for his 19 y.o. metabolism. "He's too skinny." :rolleyes:

Still biking 3 days per. The knees won't let me do more. With the gym closed, that's 3 days I'm not getting on the elliptical or the little bit of weights I do but the real issue is lack of self control.

ASK THE COMMUNITY