Anyone follow the Oracle of Omaha?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I got tired of trying to guess what the hell the market was doing, and I don't have the time to manage investments like the pros do & just bought a crapload of BRK.B

I'm pretty happy thus far.

I hate watching Cramer (he makes my ears & eyes bleed), but he called Gamestop pretty well the other day.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: slag
anyone have any idea of what these people are talking about?
[*]Oracle of Omaha = Warren Buffet = Damn good investor
[*]BRK.B = one form of stock in Berkshire Hathaway, the company formerly controlled by Warren Buffet.
[*]Cramer = crazy person who has a few good investment ideas but is usually flat out wrong. So it is hard to decipher which ideas to follow and which to oppose.

What the connection is between Buffet and Cramer has not been identified in this thread. Yes, both are related to investing, but so far this thread is not coherent.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I thought about buying some BRK-A shares when it was around $60k/ a share. Ended up just keeping my money in tech stocks and crashed and burned.

I love Buffett and love his company but I'm always nervous he's going to die shortly after I buy his stock.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: dullard
Originally posted by: slag
anyone have any idea of what these people are talking about?
[*]Oracle of Omaha = Warren Buffet = Damn good investor
[*]BRK.B = one form of stock in Berkshire Hathaway, the company formerly controlled by Warren Buffet.
[*]Cramer = crazy person who has a few good investment ideas but is usually flat out wrong. So it is hard to decipher which ideas to follow and which to oppose.

What the connection is between Buffet and Cramer has not been identified in this thread. Yes, both are related to investing, but so far this thread is not coherent.

Sorry, ran across a website that said Buffet & Cramer were actually both pretty accurate over time. Both have a lifetime return of >20%, and they're the only 2 who were still active, they mentioned Soros who seems bent on world domination at the moment, and 2 other guys who are retired now.

I've been trying to follow what the hell Cramer is recommending but he's all over the place, and I'm having a hard time even following the market, much less trading actively, so I bit the bullet & went with Buffet.

I really hope he doesn't die for a while yet.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I invest in stock index mutual funds (S&P 500, small cap, foreign).

With index funds I'm betting on entire markets and that by having funds in both domestic and foreign funds the dips and surges in growth will average out to a good overall return.

Berkshire seems much more risky to me than index funds since it's based on picking the right companies and Buffet's successors may not have his skills and luck.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Whether he's accurate or not I dunno, but he needs to chill TFO and talk like a sane person.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
Whether he's accurate or not I dunno, but he needs to chill TFO and talk like a sane person.

Pliablemoose presses button triggering audio & video effects, throwing himself into a seizure...