Anyone familiar with the Master Cleanser detox program?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
I've been hearing about a detox/fast called the Master Cleanser. I've been able to find a few articles here and there on Google and it sounds like a pretty solid way to cleanse the body, detoxify the liver and kidneys as well as lose weight. I've decided to go out and try to find the book today (Stanley Burrough - The Master Cleanser). I'm hearing a lot of good things about the program but I want to find out what negatives there are as well.

So what have you heard or experienced about this program?

For those who tried the program did it work for you?

For those who are wondering what the master cleanser is, its basically a 10 day or longer fast from solid foods. During the fast a drink made from water, organic lemon/lime juice, organic grade b maple syrup and cayenne pepper is consumed about 6-12 times per day. Also before going to sleep at a night one cup of herbal laxitive is recommended and in the morning 2 tablespoons of sea salt with 32 ounces of warm water. The tea and sea salt mixture are neccessary to carry waste from the intestines. The lemon/maple/pepper mixture work to loosen waste, toxins and impurities from the joints, the blood and other typical problematic areas. So in a nutshell thats the basis of the program.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: ArmenK
this sounds interesting, anyone tried it?

Well I'm on day 5 and I've lost about 8 pounds. I think its mostly fat opposed to water, I've been drinking roughly about 80-100 ounces of water per day. This program REALLY cleans you out, I won't even go into whats coming out of me.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
You're starving yourself, upping your metabolism a bit by taking cayenne pepper, and taking laxatives.... of course you're going to lose weight. How can you not?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Hardcore
You're starving yourself, upping your metabolism a bit by taking cayenne pepper, and taking laxatives.... of course you're going to lose weight. How can you not?

Its not a starvation program although it's obviously less calories than normal for a certain period of time. The lemon tea contains enough nutrients to keep the body from experiencing a deficiency in what it needs and like you mentioned the cayenne pepper helps to eradicate excess fat and it also cleans waste from the colon and organs. Also I'm not sure how though, it does a fairly good job of sparing muscle tissue. There is some muscle loss but not nearly like what you would experience on a water or juice fast.

The first 3 days for me were really tough, I had some hunger pains here and there. But even worse I was craving carbs but after the third they dropped significantly. I'm currently in the 5th day and I'll begin incorporating some light weight training and walking for muscle toning.

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
There was a recent thread about this .................... linked to a womans diary about it. It had pics too.....:)
Search for it
Not sure it had any real info though