anyone experience with Dell's Digital Jukebox MP3 Player?

cjsh

Jan 29, 2001
My son asked me for an iPod, but it seems too expensive. How's Dell's Jukebox MP3 player? It's same size but much cheaper. I know iPod is a good product, but Dell seems to be a good too. So if anyone experienced with Dell's Jukebox MP3 player, I appreciate your opinions. I am thinking about 30GB player.
thanks

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I use a first gen Dell Jukebox and I love it. It's very similar in every way to the Ipod. I can't say I like Musicmatch but it gets the job done... Not sure how the 2nd gen is, but mine is at least 3 times heavier than the ipod. Still though, I'd definitely recommend it without any doubt.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Go with a 20gb Rio Karma at ~$160 or a 30gb Creative Zen Xtra for a bit more.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I'm getting a 40GB iPod today. Should be on my door when I get home tonight. I got it for $299 from Outpost.com and it comes with the earbuds, docking station and cables.

SuperToilet

Banned
May 17, 2005
Dell DJ's are in essence repackaged Creative Zen MP3 players, so there really is no difference in between getting a Zen Xtra or a Dell DJ, just get whatever floats your boat. Overall the Dell DJ is a decent player and if you've got some Dell.com coupons it makes it even sweeter.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I got the Zen Micro. 5GB. It's such a great little player and sounds awesome.

I purchased my wife an IPod Mini for mothers day...what a piece of junk. The battery wouldn't hold a charge AT ALL. The first time she charged it..i held all day. That night she charged it..and it died on her halfway through the song. We took it back to Target and never looked back. The Zen sounds better to me (much better headphones out of the box) and the UI is simple. The Ipod was ok, but definitely not worth the premium.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I love mine, got a DJ15 a year ago for $175. Warranty is fantastic on these suckers, if anything goes wrong they send you one first and you send them your broken one. Takes like 2 days at most to reach you.