Anyone ever worked for Schwan's? *UPDATE* Got an interview!!

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
If someone has never heard of Schwan's, here is a link to their site. They are a frozen food company that comes to your house every two weeks.

I have an opportunity to apply. They pay very well, have good benefits, and I think it would be something that I enjoy.

You are guaranteed $100 per day, and can get more by commission. Actually, all of your pay comes from commission, but the lady said if you do your job as good as you can, and still come up short, then you will still get the $100. You earn 11% commission from everything you sell.

The hangup is that it is about 12 hour days, M-F. Good money, but you have to work for it. I am not concerned about being able to do it, but am concerned that I may get sick of it.

However, $25K for an entry level job isn't too bad.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with working with them. Am going to think about over the weekend, and then probably go next week.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
You'll get to drive a powder yellow truck with a goofy goose on the side.

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
You'll get to drive a powder yellow truck with a goofy goose on the side.

LOL, yeah, a yellow shirt every day.

I am familiar with Schwan's, they used to come to my parent's house when I was little, still do, actually.

Just wondering if anyone has first or second hand account with someone that actually worked there, how they liked it, how the company treated them, etc.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I never have but a guy in the same apartment I used to live in worked for Schwann's . He made good money but worked very long hours. He also brought home tons of sample food ;)

Ausm

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
Hmm, thanks ausm, don't know for sure about that, I do know that if you work for them, you get 20% off.

And yes, bthorny, MMMMMMM, very good.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
My wife orders from there a lot.

We get a lot of emails about their specials and she usually sees the emails and orders because of them.

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
*Crosses fingers* LOOOOONG days, but it is what I need right now. A job where I make pretty good money, and it keeps me too busy to spend it, so I can save most of it.

Now if I just can find something to keep me from clicking on ATHD forums.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to wear to the interview? Would khakis and a dress shirt be good enough? Kind of new to the interview thing.