Anyone ever use a fat burner pill (i.e. Stacker 2 or others)

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000
As in the title, just wondering how well it works, if there are any side effects. Obviously its not going to work as well unless exercise and eat right. Does it help you burn fat faster?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
is that the same as the fat blocking pill?

it doesnt allow your body to digest fat that you eat.. so instead of being absorbed after it reaches your stomach, it just goes right through you into the toilet.

this makes your body eat up the fat you have in storage in your body.

yes, they work from what i've seen... i'm sure they have some side effects, one being diharreha. (sp?)

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
i used Stacker 2 for a few months last year to jump start me when i first started jogging. Gave me a pretty good energy boost and it helped me shed alot of weight. By the time i was done with the bottle my legs were into running and i didn't really need to use them anymore for the boost. I ended up losing about 45lbs after a bout a year (from 190 down to about 145).

You'll hear alot of stories about how one of the main ingredients, Ephedra, causes heart problems and stuff, but everything i've read suggest that its an effect of over abuse of the supplement. If you stay within the recommended dosage and don't overdo it you should be all good. I haven't suffered any side effects from it after a bottle (100 pills).

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Stacker 2 is a fat burner, so it's some combination of ephedrine, caffeine, and maybe aspirin. There have been plenty of studies on the EC combination, and it's been shown to be somewhat effective for boosting metabolism slightly. It's not a magic weight loss pill, so if you're unwilling to put a diet and exercise plan together, it won't do a thing for you other than make your heart race.

Stay within the recommended dosage, or better yet figure out how many mg of ephedra and caffeine are recommended in the studies, and buy your own ephedrine and caffeine tablets -- it's cheaper that way. If you have a pre-existing heart condition or high blood pressure, you should talk to a doctor. It can make you more irritable, I noticed that initially. I took half doses to start, to see how my body would react.

I tried EC for a few months and personally don't think it did much for weight loss. It supposedly can suppress appetite, but I never felt that it did for me. The initial energy rush was the best part of it, but that fades away as you grow tolerant to it. If I used it again, I'd just use it before workouts as an energy booster.