Anyone ever think about evolution & creationism this way?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
"The Bible doesn't say that, so it isn't true"

rolleye.gif

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Yes, lots of people have thought of this before. I think it even has a theory based on it... look up "long day theory".

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
"god the watchmaker" is at least as old as the existence of watches :)

he was probably a clock maker first, since clocks have been around longer than watches.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
It's stupid arguing about creation, etc. There is a theory, I can't remember the name, that says that God created the world 5 minutes ago, but did it in such a way that we think that the universe is billions of years old, etc. That just highlights the problems with Creation saying that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Also, the problem really isn't creation vs. evolution. The problem is literal interpretation vs. metaphorical. Eventually the metaphorical interpretation of the bible will win out, because there is no way that Creation as is said in the bible can stand up in the face of science.

edit: oh yeah, evolution says nothing about creation, one way or the other. evolution is only the theory that species change over time, whether God started everything or not is a whole 'nother topic.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
"god the watchmaker" is at least as old as the existence of watches :)

he was probably a clock maker first, since clocks have been around longer than watches.
True, but "God the Watchmaker" was the term Newton coined in the 17th century to describe a deity similar to Trevelyan's.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Trevelyan
oh, now i remember why I don't post in Off Topic...... everyone's a jerk :disgust:
No, it's just that this subject has been beaten into the ground....dug up...beaten into the ground again....ad nauseum. It's always a flame war no matter how well-intentioned the initial poster. Sorry.

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
I was just offering an interesting idea... not a debate.... and instead of interesting replies... i get:

"I think that you're a troll." - ffmcobalt

"I agree." - fausto1

""The Bible doesn't say that, so it isn't true"
rolleye.gif
" - MacBaine

I mean, jeez, did these people even READ my post? MacBaine apparently tried to quote me even though I didn't say that at all.... it isn't even an accurate paraphrase of what I said!!